+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I met the dog-walking man, and update on MONTOUR (home?)

I met the dog-walking man, and update on MONTOUR (home?)

Wow, some good updates for you ladies.

Ok first off: I got on the bike for the first time in like 3 weeks (and man was I feeling it). But got to the spot on the trail and dog walker was there! I stopped to say hi and pet the dogs. I got a closer look at him and he is much older that I originally thought. He is starting to go grey around the temples etc....he's in his 40s somewhere I'd think. Me being 32, I think that would be too much of a diference for me. I looked and there was NO ring. However, we were talking about the dogs and he said "We took her to get her hips x-rayed" cause I was asking if the huskies get hip dysplacia. So "We". He says he bikes the trail each morning to work, so maybe does not wear his ring. Either way, I wasn't interested after I met him again. Oh well.

SECONDLY......Tonight I get a call about Montour! She sounds SO SWEET! She says she has a 1yr old kitty and wants a companion cat for her. I explained his history and said how sweet he is wanting laps and pets etc....She said "Oh I'm falling in love with him already!" YAY!!! She says her kitty is spoiled like crazy. Sounds like EXACTLY the situation I was hoping to place him in!!!!

So.....I told her I would be happy to bring him over to meet her. Tomorrow is bad for her, but she thinks Friday would be ok....BUT she might be going away for the long weekend she isn't sure. I told her even if she is and still has time to meet him I would bring him over, and then I could foster him the rest of the weekend if she wanted to claim him. So we'll see (KEEP PRAYING) she has time on Friday to meet him. I am sooooooo excited. I won't sleep tonight cause this sounds like the perfect house for him with a nice young kitty playmate and sweet spoiling human!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep praying it all works out!!!!!! I'll keep you all updated.
    Tricia =^..^=
    www.PurrsAndPants.com

Re: I met the dog-walking man, and update on MONTOUR (home?)

I'll keep up the prayers that this girl works out for Montour. that will be great if this is the home for him. Keep biking that trail, you might meet another guy..you never know, lol

You're a sweetie.....and I too remember when I thought the 40's with a bit of gray was too old.....
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

Quote Originally Posted by shadoob View Post
    You're a sweetie.....and I too remember when I thought the 40's with a bit of gray was too old.....
    ha!! he sounds perfect to me..lol

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    ha!! he sounds perfect to me..lol

Unless the other part of the "WE" is another GUY!
    Susan Paulson

"The smallest feline is a masterpiece.".....Leonardo da Vince

My mother always told me to marry a man younger than me. That way when you got old, you had someone to take care of you instead of two old people getting sick at the same time. Has merit to thinking about it.- Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by LadyKat View Post
    Unless the other part of the "WE" is another GUY!
    Hmmmm...you might have a point there! I will say that it is a definate possibility. Although if they guy isn't like REALLY obvious about it (like my skin doctor's receptionist--with painted nails and manicured eyebrows.....makeup....bling...sparklie engagement ring.....definate way of talking) then I really have a hard time picking them out. But possibly!
    Tricia =^..^=
    www.PurrsAndPants.com

I'm glad your finding the kitty a good home.

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

I'm glad things are going well for the kitty!! Hope she is the right one!

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    My mother always told me to marry a man younger than me. That way when you got old, you had someone to take care of you instead of two old people getting sick at the same time. Has merit to thinking about it.- Nancy
    My Mom DID marry a younger man--my Dad was 7 years younger than my Mom. Now he died last year at age 81 and my Mom is still going strong at age 90! My DH is 2 years younger than I am.
    --Lidia

+ Reply to Thread