+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do any of y'all have a PS3??

Hybrid View

1. Do any of y'all have a PS3??

Nick wants this for c'mas. Becca's getting a Kindle (who has one of those & what kind of young adult books are available???) so the cost would be the same (suddenly they are aware of how much we spend on the other). But, in looking at the available games, I'm not sure there will be much out there that he's going to want. I know it has a Blu Ray player but, he doesn't have an HD tv so that's useless. He wants to play his PSP game on it but DH thinks that's an awful lot to spend for just that. I understand that he can "buy" games & save them to his system the same as Wii does.

What I'm really afraid of is that he'll start "fighting" w/me to get inappropriate games (he's already mad I won't let him have GH Metallica!) DH wants to buy him as PS2 since they are so cheap now ($99) and get him a small HD tv.

So who has one & what games would you allow a 13yo to play??

Re: Do any of y'all have a PS3??

My 14 yo son has a PS3. There are advantages to being the only grandchild. He has rules about what he can and can't have for games. We discuss anything he wants to buy and look at it online and decide if it's appropriate. For example, no realistic violence in killing people, aliens are ok. The graphics are amazing and we enjoy the blue ray capabilities. You can see previews of any game online, I'd suggest looking at that to see if the games he wants meet your rules. The only rules that count are yours.

My nephew has a PS3, he's 17 and all of the games he has are fighting and killing games. Nothing that would work for a 13 year old. I think you just really need to look at how many games are out there and how many you will let him have out of those games. If it comes down to only a few games then I think the ps2 would work out better.

But now that I'm thinking about it... Can you play PS2 games in the PS3?? I'm almost sure you can, and I know there are many more "age friendly" games for that.

4. Re: Do any of y'all have a PS3??

Quote Originally Posted by mydogstinks2 View Post
    Can you play PS2 games in the PS3?? I'm almost sure you can, and I know there are many more "age friendly" games for that.
    Nope, the joy of Sony: don't make anything that they can reuse!!! In theory, I like this idea but I also don't like buying technology that's already out of date. I mean it'd be like buying a VCR for the first time now. Why bother? But, I think that might be the way to go. If he's insistant on a new system this year (spoiled baby, he's gotten a new system both of the last 2 years!!!) he may have to settle for that & a new tv. Poor baby. Someone report me to the CFS! Such an abused child.

My husband and I both have the kindle and we both LOVE them. You can go to amazon.com and you will be able to see what books they have. I have nothing bad to say about kindle.

Anita

I don't know what games are appropriate now adays...but I do know the "fights" for more rights will be there no matter what you get him! A good friend ahs the Kindle and LOVES it. I told her about Becca and she said that only mature kids should ge them as they are fragile. I assure her Becca fits that bill.
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

Tell Nick that I'm currently playing a Sega Genesis and see how that sits with him. It was a large upgrade from my Sega Saturn that somene STOLE in college.

8. Re: Do any of y'all have a PS3??

Quote Originally Posted by Erin K View Post
    Tell Nick that I'm currently playing a Sega Genesis and see how that sits with him. It was a large upgrade from my Sega Saturn that somene STOLE in college.
    We currently have an 8 bit Nintendo, a Sega Genesis, a Game Cube, a Wii, a GameBoy, 2 DSs and a PSP. We need another game system like a whole in the head!!! He's working on his dad, making a pro & con list. He has only 2 cons on the PS3 and hasn't started working on his PS2 list.

Quote Originally Posted by suzi_f View Post
    We currently have an 8 bit Nintendo, a Sega Genesis, a Game Cube, a Wii, a GameBoy, 2 DSs and a PSP. We need another game system like a whole in the head!!! He's working on his dad, making a pro & con list. He has only 2 cons on the PS3 and hasn't started working on his PS2 list.
    LMAO!! It totally sounds like you are staning at my house going down the line up of games! LOL I also might add that no one hardly ever plays.

I have neither, my children or grandchildren likewise. I don't understand the kindle. Why not just read the book? What am I missing??

+ Reply to Thread