+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Service dog show was a bust

Service dog show was a bust

Oh well. It RAINED the entire day!! It was only SUPPOSED to have a 40% chance, but it was basically non stop.

My NEW canopies weren't that great. One developed several leaks. We shut down the make N Take we were doing (the paper was just too damp to stamp anyway) and moved everything into that side. it only had one leak.

The ground turned into mud. My friend's wheelchair got stuck in it, and we had to recruit some manly power to help get her out. it was crazy. Our shoes were just sunk in mud.

So nothing was really selling. All the service dog cards I spent WEEKS making did not sell. But can you blame people? I wouldn't wanna buy cards and try to carry them around in the rain. I sold some shirts. Only 2 dog bandanas. Sigh. Since the money from the bandanas were going to them anyway, I gave them all the rest of the bandanas to either sell or use.

Still have a few shirts left, I was hoping to unload all of those too. Oh well. I guess now I can concentrate on getting the new folding critters ready for the York expo!

Later!
    Tricia =^..^=
    www.PurrsAndPants.com

Re: Service dog show was a bust

sorry Tricia. It stinks when you put so much time & work into something and it doesn't go well. darn weather. Well at least you can feel good about trying, it is a wonderful cause.

What a shame. I know you spent a lot of time getting ready for that.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

So sad the rain spoiled everything for you. I hope the next one is much better.
    Amy

It is tough when because of nothing you did or what your product was, that your show was such a bad money producer! Hopefully your next one will be better.
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

SOrry it turned out that way - but perhaps someone will rmember your name/company name and give you a call.
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

7. Re: Service dog show was a bust

So sorry but like Cheryl mentioned hopefully someone would of noted your passion and determination and saved the company name for future reference.

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

actually it was a success... of sorts. You did from your heart what had to be done. The bad weather can't change that. In the end, it sounds like everything worked out fine... at least your friend is out of the mud
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

Quote Originally Posted by scraphappy908 View Post
    So sad the rain spoiled everything for you. I hope the next one is much better.
    Yeah Amy--your bandanas (and Jennifer's) were WONDERFUL and I was amazed that no one wanted to buy them. Several peole mentioned hwo many their dogs already had. Bummer. Mom and I really did our part--we each wore one the whole time!! hahaha!

Hey I enjoyed wearing one. I should have bought one as a fashion accessory....
    Tricia =^..^=
    www.PurrsAndPants.com

Quote Originally Posted by dancing queen View Post
    actually it was a success... of sorts. You did from your heart what had to be done. The bad weather can't change that. In the end, it sounds like everything worked out fine... at least your friend is out of the mud
    Hahahaha yeah, it took a while, but we got her out! There were like 4 of us pushing her (motorized) wheelchair with no luck. Then we put cardboard under the wheels and recruited a guy that looked strong. he got really low and tugeged at the base while she drove it forward. It was like geez, what next???

Then the ground in front of the table was so torn up no one else wanted to come close. what 'da you do? At least I managed to de-mudify everything today.
    Tricia =^..^=
    www.PurrsAndPants.com

+ Reply to Thread