+ Reply to Thread

Thread: week 18 challenge..chalkboard technique

week 18 challenge..chalkboard technique

ok Ladies the challenge for this week september 18th is the chalkboard technique. what is this you ask? well it's a fun and easy technique to get us digging out those chalks that get so lonely. I'll try to add a link but if it doesn't work for you then here's the directions

Stamp on black or other dark cardstock with white ink (I used white chalk ink)
    then using a q tip or dabber dab on your chalk while the ink is still wet, dust off with a paper towel and there you have it.

I had fun doing this and hope you will too. I'll have a prize for a randomly picked winner at the end of the week

check it out
    ok, my link didn't work, but there is a tutirial over at splitcoast stampers if you want to dig for it
    Last edited by cindi; 10-13-2009 at 02:54 PM.

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Re: week 18 challenge..chalkboard technique

What a pretty card you made too!!!! Maybe I can play around with this over the weekend!

3. Re: week 18 challenge..chalkboard technique

OK I will have a bash tomox too ...must admt never done this teq before so new to me lol

update...... could not wait so had a go heres the result..
    .http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/sho...3701&nocache=1
    Last edited by Artyfarty; 09-18-2009 at 02:36 PM.

You did an awesome job!
    shelley

Great idea, Cindi! And both you and Sue have made beautiful cards to inspire us!
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

6. Re: week 18 challenge..chalkboard technique

I must dig out my chalks too.
    Here is a little tip for anyone wanting to use chalks the easy way.......I think Cindi will agree it should qualify for the challenge????
    Just stamp your image on either coloured or white paper (but black does work particually well) using a VERSAMARK ink pad, then colour using chalks and cotton wool buds. Spray with hair spray or fixative afterwards if you desire it to be more permanent.
    Good luck and thanks for the challenge Cindi.

7. Re: week 18 challenge..chalkboard technique

Thanks Cindi--this was the first time I have tried this technique...lots of fun! Of course I made several pieces as I experimented with various colors. I put 2 cards in the gallery.

+ Reply to Thread