+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pink Cat Studio digi stamps

Re: Pink Cat Studio digi stamps

These are adorable! I always chuckle a bit at the word digi stamps as they are essentially what we used to call clip art. But, they are fantastic nonetheless! I have a handful of digi stamps, but have not done much with them yet. Love the scary siblings! :>

:> Karen
    Time Crafted (my blog)

there are some super cute ones there!

Quote Originally Posted by TiikkiStars View Post
    These are adorable! I always chuckle a bit at the word digi stamps as they are essentially what we used to call clip art. But, they are fantastic nonetheless! I have a handful of digi stamps, but have not done much with them yet. Love the scary siblings! :>

:> Karen
    Don't let serious digi artists hear you calling them clip art. I did on a thread on Splitcoast and got SCHOOLED. Apparently clip art is cheap/free crappy immagry and these new digi stamps are high quality art. I didn't know, but apparently it's offensive to the artists to call it clip art. And the last thing I'd want to do is offend talented artists.

course we are USING them like we could USE clip art... But I think there is a true distinction.

4. Re: Pink Cat Studio digi stamps

I agree w/what Erin said! but, I'm not looking & going to try not to be tempted to think of purchasing digital stamps. What's the diff between digtal stamps & "clip art"???

OOOPSIE!! Didn't see the prev posts before I posted this. Sorry (I STILL don't see the difference!! LOL)
    Last edited by suzi_f; 09-22-2009 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Missed 1/2 the prev discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by suzi_f View Post
    I agree w/what Erin said! but, I'm not looking & going to try not to be tempted to think of purchasing digital stamps. What's the diff between digtal stamps & "clip art"???

OOOPSIE!! Didn't see the prev posts before I posted this. Sorry (I STILL don't see the difference!! LOL)
    haha, I was going to tell you the difference, but I see your added.

just send me some candycorn from your pic and I won't bug you anymore. haha.

6. Re: Pink Cat Studio digi stamps

I was anxiously waiting for their big "announcment" because I have 100 PCS points to spend. I was hoping it was new rubbah. I'm just not on the digi-stamp bandwagon - seems like they would just smear if I tried coloring. And it would not take long for me to forget they are even saved on my computer! AND it defeats the FUN of stamping (for me personally!!!). Sooooo I'll just wait until their next rubbah release and hope it's something I LOVE!

while i agree that they are cute, and there is an artistic quaility to them, i still think it's just like clip art. you print it out. and i think it's not stamping! it's coloring images you printed. i know...you stamp and image and then color it, but point is you stamp it! regardless of what the digi stamp is called, it's still similar to clip art.

i guess one could make a similar debate about the difference between and atc and an aceo (art cards, editions and originals). atcs were created with few rules, one being that it must be traded and not sold. now people have started calling them aceos so they can get away with selling them. regardless of what it's called, it's still an atc.

{click above for my craft blog!}

+ Reply to Thread