• about the same as last year

19 39.58%
  • less than last year

17 35.42%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Are you stamping less?

1. Poll: Are you stamping less?

Just curious...the gallery only has 62 entries this week...at one time we were averaging about 150 and certainly some times far more. With so many newbies signing on here I am surprised to see such a drop. So I am posting a poll and would like to read your comments.

I got thinking about this as I read the editorial in this month's Vamp News by Nancie Waterman, owner. She talks about this topic and states "fewer people are actively stamping". She feels the economy has caused a great slow down in our purchasing of new products and also trying new techniques. She feels many are returning to old favorites.

So what do you think?
    My response:
    I am stamping a little less. I am spending a lot less than what I was last year and am trying to use my supplies that fill my craft room. I am staying away from challenges that require me to buy new supplies. I am not as motivated to post on my blog since I am using tried and true techniques.

Re: Poll: Are you stamping less?

I think actually I am stamping more but not taking the time to post in the gallery as much. I sure enjoy all of the inspiration that the gallery offers from others tho.

Economy- perhaps I buy more selectively than last year but I think I probably buy as much or more dollar wise. I sure would like some ideas to use some of the older stamps, paper and supplies that I have. Today I have purged pens, can I tell you how many gell rollers I have thrown away because they don't work-but never were used often.
    Also I have lots of fiber-no one seems to use it anymore but I would like to use it up too.

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)

Yes, I have definately been stamping less lately. Mostly it's because I've been spending time with other hobbies, like reading and trying to catch up on my Scrapbooking.

For me, I don't think I've slowed down on my purchasing new stamping items, however. I just went to two TAC parties and two SU! Parties. I always feel guilty when I buy new stamping items and then don't use them!
    --Lidia

This is a tough call for me, Jan. I really don't swap much at all anymore, so my overall amount of stamped projects is less. I am still stamping lots, but it's mostly for the magazine and I can't share it until a month after it's published. I've almost given up posting in galleries because of this. Most of what I stamp now is one of a kind.

5. Re: Poll: Are you stamping less?

I'm stamping a lot less than last year because of my ever-growing interest in digital cardmaking and scrapbooking, plus, I spend an enormous amount of my time with my grandchildren and am loving it.

6. Re: Poll: Are you stamping less?

I'm stamping less, too, because of the economy. I'm also not mailing as much. Not because I don't want to, but because I can't really afford it now. And it just KILLS me to pass up sales and bargains and stuff! I can't wait until this financial slump we are in is done.

I'm stamping about the same, which is lots!! I hardly go a day without stamping something.
    I am watching my spending, but if there is something i really want, I find a way to get it.
    I try to most most of my projects in the gallery and on my blog, I love our gallery and I wish everyone would post post post, and comment as well, as it's teh comments that make posting so much fun and encourage us to keep on creating

8. Re: Poll: Are you stamping less?

I am stamping a lot more, but in some ways I'm sad to say that I'm stamping a lot less for myself. I'm stamping more because of design team obligations and projects. Last year I had two family member weddings that I did their stationary for their events so I was away from my typical cards. So my bottom line answer is I'm stamping a lot more but not nearly as much for myself and family.
    Jennifer

My blog

9. Re: Poll: Are you stamping less?

I am stamping way less, but mine is due to my back issues.... Hopefully I'll be back to my normal stamping soon! This is a very interesting poll though.
    Happy Crafting!

check out my blog : stamps scraps n more

10. Re: Poll: Are you stamping less?

I still stamp every chance I get, just like last year! But I'm not making as many cards per se, because I tend to spend more time on each individual card than I did a year ago.

+ Reply to Thread