• about the same as last year

19 39.58%
  • less than last year

17 35.42%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Are you stamping less?

Re: Poll: Are you stamping less?

School work (both my classroom and the course I am taking) are taking up all my time! I am not getting to play with the challenges at all since school started. I feel baf about that!

ANd I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

I've had a busy summer - so I haven't stamped as much recently, but I'm back into it again now that fall is here.
    Although we've been lucky and haven't been really affected by the economy, I'm still conscious of all the money i have spent in recent years and am trying hard to use up some of my stash before I spend money on anything new.
    I did not renew any of my stamping mag subscriptions because I have issues I never read, and I seem to find lots of articles and tutorials on line these days.
    I'm definitely not spending as much money.
    So - good point Jan - I am re-visiting some of the techniques that I enjoyed so much years ago, and enjoying it very much.
    I'm not joining as many swaps but a small hair salon near my home has offered to have some of my cards for sale in their store, so I'm quite excited about that.
    I don't know how well they will sell but it will be an experiment.
    Hopefully there will be lots of stamping in my future for a long time to come.
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

I'm not joining as many swaps but a small hair salon near my home has offered to have some of my cards for sale in their store, so I'm quite excited about that.
    I don't know how well they will sell but it will be an experiment.
    Hopefully there will be lots of stamping in my future for a long time to come

Congrats Chris! I hope you do well with your card sells. Your cards are great.

I answered "Stamping less". All my time seems to be taken up with design team work or designing and making class samples at the moment. In between that I am doing a bit of scrapbooking. I barely find time to stamp for me anymore. I am swapping WAY less as I'm just not motivated when I do get time.
    Economy wise, I'd say I'm making the same anount of purchases in stamps and inks, but trying to use up my stash of papers and embellishments.
    Sarah

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

I'm stamping way less since starting back to work. I usually find time to do only about once a week.

I am one of the few that is stamping much more than I did last year. Last year I was working, and now I'm not. That said, I don't buy unless I NEED. I bet I have as much stuff in my "studio" as Michael's or J's. Speaking of stuff never used, I just opened my twinkling H2o's. And I'm loving them!!

I have been stamping less. I had lost my mojo for quite a while. Then I just didn't have the time! I am in the swing now (my Mom's scrapbook is completed) and I can't wait to get back to stamping!

I have never been a big Gallery poster -- but I'll take the nudge and start posting more of my creations in the Gallery. One reason why I don't -- I tend to make several of the same card and if I'm going to send one of you guys a birthday card, I usually don't want to post it! But I guess that's silly -- some of the BEST cards I've ever received are cards that I commented on in the Gallery -- then POOF -- I receive one in the mail! I feel like a celebrity sent me a card when that happens!

As far as $$$ goes, I am absolutely spending less. In the past, I really didn't have to think about it -- if I wanted it -- I bought it. Money is tighter now -- and I have so much stuff I don't have room for any more!

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

I am stamping at least as much as last year now. Had so many cards here that I just about decided that I had no more room for them. I cannot bear to throw them out!!lol They become my babies! Is that sick or what?? lol Then I remembered one day when I had breast cancer I received a card about once a month form one of the nurses at the clinic.The hand written note in the cards were wonderful. But the card looked like something we use to get in the mail for something or other! lol Sooo I called Amy and told her about all of the cards needing a home.She sounded so happy about getting the cards it gave me new lease on making them! lol So now I deliver about 20 cards a month to the Breast Clinic at my hospital. What a wonderful feeling! What a wonderful way to justify buy ing new supplies etc. lol I also donate cards to another organization that I belong to. So between those two things and the cards for myself I am probably the happiest little stamper around!
    I don't post all of the cards I make, but I do post a lot of them and spend time in the gallery for inspiration. I love the Stamp Shack and all the friends I have made here. I probably don't say that as often I should!

9. Re: Poll: Are you stamping less?

Stamping less, but scrapbooking more! Oh, and that Cricut has cut deep into my stamping budget. I'm cartridge crazy right now. I still love my stamps though.

i'm stamping about the same, just different things. i haven't made nearly as many cards this year, which i'm ok with. but i have spent a lot less. which is a good thing!

{click above for my craft blog!}

+ Reply to Thread