+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HELP! How did we color before Copics?

HELP! How did we color before Copics?

I recently received some ADORABLE images as a RAK and I started to color one this evening and the ink smeared. So it wasn't stamped in a Copic friendly ink. That means I can't use Gamsol either, right?

So how do I color it? How did we do this before Copics? LOL!

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

Re: HELP! How did we color before Copics?

oh boy, we are spoiled with our copics! how about stampin up markers, or some other marker, prisma pencils..no gamsol, or water colors? have fun

Tombow markers! Still use them once in a while because I have so many colors.

I have no idea...but I keep wondering when I'll finally go out and buy my first copic markers.....I'm afraid I will never turn back.....

(Have you tried chalk? that always adds a nice color and doesn't smear anything)
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

I haven't got a copic marker in sight either Cheryl! I use pencils and watercolors mainly, no smearing.
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

Yup!
    I bet you could use Prismas and Gamsol...I would try it on the already smeared image to see if the Gamsol damages the image.
    Otherwise, I'm trying to remember what I used to use!!!!
    LOL
    Prismas, SU! and CTMH brush markers.....watercolor pencils! Forgot about those.
    Hmmmmm...good to remember that there WAS a life before Copics!
    Joanie

I don't own any Copics either and I don't do much coloring so I just grab whatever black I want! Guess you don't want to get any images from me then! Versafine is my ink of choice usually.
    What ink do you have to use for the Copics?

Kathy

Try using sharpies or Bic markers. that is what I use for all of my coloring. The only Copics I have are a grey for shading and a flesh color.

Quote Originally Posted by mydogstinks2 View Post
    Try using sharpies or Bic markers. that is what I use for all of my coloring. The only Copics I have are a grey for shading and a flesh color.
    I stand corrected, Chris reminded me. I have one Copic, also gray for shading!

Kathy

I don't own a Copic. I use watercolor markers scribbled on a white china dish and picked up with a waterbrush to colour.
    Sarah

+ Reply to Thread