+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For those who watercolor...

For those who watercolor...

I have watercolored on special Parchment paper (The kind that Northwoods recommends) and on watercolor paper. But can you watercolor on plain old cardstock?

I had posted a question about how to color without Copics when someone sends you images that are not Copic compatible and a lot of you responded that you watercolor. These images are on plain old card stock... So can I watercolor them?

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

Re: For those who watercolor...

I have water colored on plain old cardstock. Not that I'm an expert, by any means, but I've done it! Give it a try...what have you got to lose???
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

I have also watercolored on plain cs and it wasn't too bad but I do prefer using watercolor paper.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

I have water colOred with pencils, crayons, and markers on my georgia pacifiC 110 weight cardstock, works fine for me

5. Re: For those who watercolor...

I'm a stick in the mud! LOL I only watercolor on watercolor paper. Watercolor paper allows the water and ink/paint to move around. You can manipulate your watercolors the way you want on watercolor paper. The better grade of paper the better quality your work will be. You know the old adage. "You get what you pay for."

Sure, you can watercolor on cardstock but cardstock will absorb the water quickly and you lose the ability to move your colors. I just don't fool with it because I set myself up for disappointment when I do. Golly! I'm so emotional over my colors! LOL

Just my opinion and what I've found works for me.
    Jennifer

My blog

Quote Originally Posted by inkinupstamps View Post
    I'm a stick in the mud! LOL I only watercolor on watercolor paper. Watercolor paper allows the water and ink/paint to move around. You can manipulate your watercolors the way you want on watercolor paper. The better grade of paper the better quality your work will be. You know the old adage. "You get what you pay for."

Sure, you can watercolor on cardstock but cardstock will absorb the water quickly and you lose the ability to move your colors. I just don't fool with it because I set myself up for disappointment when I do. Golly! I'm so emotional over my colors! LOL

Just my opinion and what I've found works for me.
    Jennifer..you crack me up!
    ok, when I watercolor on regular cardstock I do it a bit differently as I use graduating colrs of the same color because like Jennifer said you have to blend quickly, but it can be done it's just different

I have used both watercolor paper and regular cardstock. I'd experiment and see what you like best to do.
    shelley

I use whatever I have! I have many images that were RAKs and they are on cardstock. i find if I give the image a slight wash over with water then add my paints they blend a lot better.
    Sarah

9. Re: For those who watercolor...

I only watercolor on plain paper. I hate my watercolor paper 'cause it has ridges. I need to buy some new I guess. But, I don't know how to blend colors anyway so, works for me. One day, I'll learn this whole "art thing".

Quote Originally Posted by suzi_f View Post
    I only watercolor on plain paper. I hate my watercolor paper 'cause it has ridges. I need to buy some new I guess. But, I don't know how to blend colors anyway so, works for me. One day, I'll learn this whole "art thing".
    Suzi, check your watercolor paper. Usually, one side is ridged and the other side isn't. Use the back side. It'll still work beautifully.
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread