+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you bake more now the colder nights are here

1. Do you bake more now the colder nights are here

I sure do and this week have baked meals ready to freeze and plenty of cakes to divulge after lol
    It must be the weather change that makes me want to bake, is it the same for everyone? or do you still bake lots in the hot summer well the warmer weather being not much summer here !!

2. Re: Do you bake more now the colder nights are here

Interesting topic because I too have been baking up a storm lately. I know that partly the reason is because my hubby got me new cookwear as well as a kitchenaid stand mixer and I love using it. So in part it is the weather and the other part is a resurgence (for myself) in cooking and baking.
    Jennifer

My blog

3. Re: Do you bake more now the colder nights are here

In one word, no.
    The Shackretary

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

Re: Do you bake more now the colder nights are here

baking, no. stirring up big pots of comfort foods, yes... chili, soups, stews. It's the only thing I really enjoy about the winter months.
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

5. Re: Do you bake more now the colder nights are here

Yep, sure do bake more in the winter.
    Kim

Close To My Heart Consultant

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)

I try not to turn the stove on all summer! When the temps are in the 80's and 90's--I don't need the additional heat!

I do bake more when the temps are cool--I just made a couple loaves of pumpkin bread last night! It smelled and tasted wonderful!
    --Lidia

7. Re: Do you bake more now the colder nights are here

I baked brownies yesterday because I was cold & didn't want to turn the heat on (it's been really cold in the morning but pleasant in the afternoons). Then, I baked some 'taters for Becca & my lunch. I seem to bake all year long. When it's REALLY, REALLY hot, I don't but I still bake cookies during the summer months.

8. Re: Do you bake more now the colder nights are here

Quote Originally Posted by dancing queen View Post
    baking, no. stirring up big pots of comfort foods, yes... chili, soups, stews. It's the only thing I really enjoy about the winter months.
    Ditto. Lots of soups and stews here as well. The only thing I bake regularly in winter is bread and I do that in the bread machine.

DH is diabetic so I try to avoid making too many sweets except at the holidays. And since it's just the two of us with both boys at college, if I do bake, I use the smaller convection oven rather than the larger gas oven.

Turkeys, I cook on the grill.
    Cathy at the Seaside Rose Cottage
    Visit my Blog! (Scroll all the way down to see the pictures of our fabulous gardens.)

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

i like to bake year round!

baking dinners YES! We are in oven mode now instead of bbq's.
    Kim

+ Reply to Thread