+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My 23rd wedding anniversary and an untimely passing

1. My 23rd wedding anniversary and an untimely passing

This past Sunday was our 23rd wedding anniversary. That morning I was awakened by a phone call from my Sister in law telling me that my mother in law had passed away. After the shock wore away, I had the unpleasant task of waking my husband and telling him. There really is no easy way to share that news. After hemming and hawing he finally said What are you trying to say? Our day was spent getting ready for an 18 hour drive to Buffalo NY.
    That is where I am right now. We drove all day Monday and arrived at 1:15 am. The memorial service is tonight for friends and family. A mass will be tomorrow. She asked to be cremated so there won't be any cemetry or graveside service. I am happy on that point, because it is extremely COLD up here for a FL gal. The news talk about snow flurries the next couple of days!
    Any way...I know I don't post frequently, but I do lurk and keep up with everyone's information. We will be traveling back home on Saturday...so keep us in your thoughts for a safe trip.

Visit my blog here

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Re: My 23rd wedding anniversary and an untimely passing

Keeping your family in my prayers.

oh Cheri, I'm so sorry. you are right, how does one inform their loved one of another loved ones passing? I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers. I still want to wish you a happy anniversary though, that is a special occasion , and it should not be forgotten.
    (hugs)

sorry to hear your sad news, cheri.

{click above for my craft blog!}

5. Re: My 23rd wedding anniversary and an untimely passing

I'm sorry to hear your MIL passed away. ((((HUGS))))) and safe travels!!
    The Shackretary

My thoughts and prayers for your family.
    shelley

I'm so sorry, Cheri. It's such a difficult time to watch a husband go through this loss. My MIL's service is this weekend, too. I can only imagine that your situation is so much more difficult since it was sudden and unexpected. We had some time to prepare, but it's a huge loss no matter how it happens. Keeping you in my prayers and sending so many hugs.

Cheri, my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. Deepest sympathy.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

Cheri, I am sorry for your loss. Don't let this event spoil your future anniversaries -- I'm sure she would have wanted you to celebrate your wedding anniversaries -- and celebrate her life as well.

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

My good vibes and thoughts are with you..both in celebration of your marriage and in fellowship with your sad news. Safe travels...
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

+ Reply to Thread