+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stiff neck that won't go away

1. Stiff neck that won't go away

A week ago saturday (10 days ago) I got a stiff neck in the middle of the day. 20 years ago I was in a car accident and there was some whiplash involved, so every now and then it comes back to haunt me. So a stiff neck is nothing new to me--i get it once or twice a year.

I have never had it last this long or be quite so severe. Thursday I had a massage and hoped it would help. Initially it seemed like it did, but it didn't last. Sunday night was the first night in about 4 nights that I got any sleep. Yesterday I was off work and felt pretty good. Then about 7pm last night it came back--bad. I didn't sleep well again last night and didn't go to work today. I'm going to the doctor at 11:20 to get to the bottom of it. I've used muscle relaxers, gobs of ibuprofen, heating pad, ice pack, and everything I can think of and nothing is helping.

Wish me luck!
    Traci

2. Re: Stiff neck that won't go away

Oh no. I hope your dr. finds out what's up and that it's nothing serious. I'll be thinking of you.
    Teresa

Re: Stiff neck that won't go away

sorry you feel so bad.
    I hope the Dr can make you feel better asap.
    (((hugs))) gentle ones, of course

I hope you feel better soon.
    shelley

I'm so sorry about your pain, Traci. I have some old neck, shoulder, and back injuries that bother me. I've found a few things that actually give longer lasting relief. A hot bath with epsom salts helps when it's not terrible pain. Exercise helps to keep things strong so the pain doesn't happen as often, yoga is my choice currently. And finally, I love my chiropractor. He's a miracle and makes all the pain go away when I need it. I go as needed, but about once every month or two. I just went last week and had been hurting for over a month. It was such a huge relief. I hope you find the combination of things that works to manage it for you.

6. Re: Stiff neck that won't go away

I would suggest you go see a physical therapist but maybe that is what the doctor will recommand. Let us know what happen. I hope you will feel much better soon.
    Pascale

Summer bingo 2011 words numbers
    2. 4.8.9.13.15.20.21.31.33.34.35.44.46.51.52.57.63.67.68.77.78.80.84.85.

My blog

Sorry to hear this. Let us know what the doc had to say.

Kathy

8. Re: Stiff neck that won't go away

Doctor gave me a whole slew of meds, including some pain pills. He also gave me an adjustment (he is a D.O. so he can do some of the same stuff that chiropractors do I guess...I've never been to a chiro, but....) I've had adjustments in the past and they always help. So we'll see. If I don't feel better by the end of the week he wants me to go to physical therapy.

I've taken my meds so I'm patiently waiting for them to kick in!

Thanks for all your thoughts.
    Traci

Quote Originally Posted by workin4stamps View Post
    Doctor gave me a whole slew of meds, including some pain pills. He also gave me an adjustment (he is a D.O. so he can do some of the same stuff that chiropractors do I guess...I've never been to a chiro, but....) I've had adjustments in the past and they always help. So we'll see. If I don't feel better by the end of the week he wants me to go to physical therapy.

I've taken my meds so I'm patiently waiting for them to kick in!

Thanks for all your thoughts.
    happy buzz to you. I hope they make you feel better. When my back goes out it takes 800miligrams of ibuprophen and a diazapan just to get out of bed. I feel for ya

DO's are wonderful docs. So glad you got an adjustment. Drink lotsa water today and rest. That helps me when I get adjusted.

+ Reply to Thread