+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DD is sick

DD is sick

Cassie was sick after school yesterday...beginning of a scratchy throat, not sore. By last night it was hard for her to swallow and I gave her some cough drops and that seemed to help. She just got over strep two weeks ago...just finished her antibiotics yesterday. But just spoke to my mom and she said she doesn't have a temp and is feeling better. So, I hope she doesn't get worse!

Life is scary sometimes.
    Darlene

Re: DD is sick

Darlene--I hope your dd is feeling better soon. When I was young I frequently woke up with a scratch throat. The classic front line cure in my family was "Have a cup of tea, you'll feel better". In those days I never heard of herbal tea, so we had regular tea, like Lipton or Salada. But a HOT cup of tea always made me feel better. Hope she is soon 100%. Keep us posted.

Thank you, Patty! She says she is doing better. She is very picky and has never tried tea...My mom likes putting honey in her tea to soothe her throat...maybe dd will try that. Thanks for your tips!
    Darlene

I hope she feels better soon. Being sick is no fun.
    shelley

Darn I hate when our kiddos are sick. We always gargle warm salt water- it really helps to kill the pain and kill bacteria.
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

I hope she is feeling better now.

7. Re: DD is sick

I hope your daughter is feeling much better this afternoon.
    Teresa

8. Re: DD is sick

Hope she's better..... and especially hope the strep doesn't come back!
    Cathy at the Seaside Rose Cottage
    Visit my Blog! (Scroll all the way down to see the pictures of our fabulous gardens.)

+ Reply to Thread