+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello...Need transfer technique ideas

1. Hello...Need transfer technique ideas

Hello! Just found this site today after a friend suggested it. I'm looking for some help with my collage class that I'm teaching next month. Transfering techniques are always quuestionable. Many don't work to a student's satisfaction. I will have beginners and advanced students and always like to come up with some ideas that work. I want my classes to be two full days of success for everyone. Right now my most dependable techniques are those using clear packing tape and copies made from non-inkjet printers. Any ideas out there?

2. Re: Hello...Need transfer technique ideas

Sorry I am at loss of what you are trying to achieve. Transfers on packing tape (which I find to be very challenging to get good results) is very different from non-inkjet printer where you use "slips"... expensive plastic in the printer.

3. Re: Hello...Need transfer technique ideas

Judy, polymer clay is excellent for this, and somewhere in the empty spaces of my mind, I have a couple of neurons firing at me there is a way to do it with gesso or matte medium. I tried it once with a medium AND IT WORKED......

I am heading off to sleep momentarily but will look it up. I'll also dig out the instructions for polymer clay transfers..... I'll have a chance to do this in the AM as DH has to work.
    Cathy at the Seaside Rose Cottage
    Visit my Blog! (Scroll all the way down to see the pictures of our fabulous gardens.)

4. Re: Hello...Need transfer technique ideas

BTW.... what are you wanting to transfer, and from what to what. I was assuming it was something printed or a photo and are you collaging on paper?
    Cathy at the Seaside Rose Cottage
    Visit my Blog! (Scroll all the way down to see the pictures of our fabulous gardens.)

Re: Hello...Need transfer technique ideas

I once attended a Rubber Stamp convention and saw a product called Tranz It (by Judikins) demonstrated. The discription for the product says "Tranz It will transfer printed images onto a variety of surfaces. Can be used on metal, plastic, clay, wood, paper, fabric and more. Tranz It makes the perfect tool for personalizing gifts and trinkets. Can be used with Tranz It Sheets for rub on or decal techniques, or Rinse Away Paper for traditional transfers."
    Not sure if this is what your looking for but you can find all these products at /www.judikins.com

6. Re: Hello...Need transfer technique ideas

I like to use packaging tape. Just printed an image on my inkjet and applied it to the tape. Let the taped image soak in warm water until it was a soft clear stage then used my finger to roll the paper off in little lint balls...After that, I colored with chalks.

Kerry

7. Re: Hello...Need transfer technique ideas

I was told a long time ago that Ink Jet prints wouldn't work with packing tape so I've always gone to a copy shop where toner is used. I need to try it...sounds much more convenient. Thanks.

Re: Hello...Need transfer technique ideas

Sorry can't help with this one.

+ Reply to Thread