+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Copic Certified ...

Question Copic Certified ...

What does it mean to be Copic certified? Are there classes/courses? If so, where do you take the courses? I want to learn more about using Copic markers as the end result is fabulous! TIA for any info you can share.
    Melis

Studio M Blog

CTMH Consultant

Sheetload DT Member

Dance like no one's watching

2. Re: Copic Certified ...

Here's a link to the Copic certification info. Various instructors offer classes throughout the year at several locations. I've wanted to take a class but the timing hasn't worked out yet ...
    Teresa

Re: Copic Certified ...

Thanks Teresa! This helps alot!
    Melis

Studio M Blog

CTMH Consultant

Sheetload DT Member

4. Re: Copic Certified ...

You're welcome. There was a Copic certification class 45 minutes from me last May. I was so excited to go but it turned out to be while we were away on our cruise. I'm hoping there will be another one next year.
    Teresa

Hi, I took a copic cert class this summer and they skimmed over all the important parts, but with being a 1 day course, it went quickly and with 30-40 ppl in the course, it was very informational, but I would have liked to have more time doing projects, but unfortunately, there was not time to. Best thing to do before going, is to go on tutorials on you tube,,,there are so many and they do the step by step and you can do it as you watch. Good luck with it, I love my copics..and use them everytime I make a card.
    A morning without coffee is like something without something else.

Thanks for the advice - It looks like there is going to be a class near my home in February. I'm keeping my fingers (eyes and toes) crossed that it stays on the schedule. It also looks like there is some sort of pecking order to get in the class. I'm a CTMH demo so I hope I am able to get in!
    Melis

Studio M Blog

CTMH Consultant

Sheetload DT Member

Hi I recently got certified, they take shop owners/dealers first then teachers, then demos, then the public. I was pretty worried it was going to be hard to get in, because they ask you to send some of your recent work with the application. But I guess that must not count for much because they took me. They recommended when I took the class that you take it wait awhile and take it again. Since I have an art school background I don't think I am going to do that but I can see where people would benefit from that if this was their first experience with color theory and shading. I sort of felt like I was back in my professor's class again, it was pretty old hat for me, but I learned alot about the markers themselves and the best part of it was the airbrush for me. It is definately geared toward teaching it to others.

Cindy

My Blog

I am not getting certified but learning a bunch in a class coming up in November at My Creative Classroom. There is all kinds of things there! I won a gift certificate to there and love the classes they offer! Check them out if you are just wanting to learn but not certified. In Ohio I can't find a place to certify!

+ Reply to Thread