Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: ***UPDATED***The elephant in the shack room....(long and opinionated)

Re: ***UPDATED***The elephant in the shack room....(long and opinionated)

Quote Originally Posted by ccstampin12 View Post
    "With that beign said... One of the rules that does not get followed by newbies and old timers is the rule that you do nt post just to announce what your posting number is... " (Taken from ngreek's post above)

WOW!
    I never realized this was against the rules!
    I am certainly guilty of this. Guess we won't be able to let people know just how gabby we are!
    LOL
    Joanie

What is a posting number???
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

Quote Originally Posted by ccstampin12 View Post
    "With that beign said... One of the rules that does not get followed by newbies and old timers is the rule that you do nt post just to announce what your posting number is... " (Taken from ngreek's post above)

WOW!
    I never realized this was against the rules!
    I am certainly guilty of this. Guess we won't be able to let people know just how gabby we are!
    LOL
    Joanie

Joanie I have been guilty of this too - I never knew that it was against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Fence View Post
    What is a posting number???
    Tracey, it's the number of how many posts you done since you joined. If you look to the right of your posts, right above the green word "gallery", you'll see how many posts you've done.
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

4. Re: ***UPDATED***The elephant in the shack room....(long and opinionated)

Cheryl, I do appreciate your apology. Even though I don't think your post applied directly to me, it's just nice to see juniors treated with the same respect as plus members. No two people are the same and each person has their reasons for doing things the way they do. Don't let one or two bad apples ruin it for the whole basket, KWIM?

Plus, as it's already been established, juniors can NOT swap, post in the gallery, or buy/sell here. So yes, I do take it personal on behalf of all junior members when they get jabbed in the jaw so-to-speak for coming to a place they think is stamping related looking for inspiration. After all, it's called Stamp Shack and all the other benefits here (friendships, chit-chat) are just icing on the cake for some.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Re: The elephant in the shack room....(long and opinionated)

Quote Originally Posted by ngreek View Post
    MY 2 cents...
    One of the rules that does not get followed by newbies and old timers is the rule that you do nt post just to announce what your posting number is...
    As far as I am aware, this has never been a rule since I was a moderator.

Members are free to post about any topic they like, in the correct forum, The only guidelines are that :
    Explicit language, abusive and hurtful behaviour, defamation of character, personal attacks, or inappropriate images will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to remove any offensive material and action may be taken to prevent further offenses. Defamation of character and public personal attacks will not be tolerated.
    ~taken from the user guidelines
    Sarah

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)

Thanks for posting about this Sarah--I was combing through the various areas here where 'rules' are stated and I didn't see anything about this.

Posting that we are about the hit a 'landmark' number of posts has been a tradition since the PCMB days--we used to make posters and take a picture of ourself with it to celebrate 1,000--2,000--3,000 posts.

It appears that there are lots of misconceptions about what can and can't be done here on this MB. I guess we shouldn't assume anything until we've carefully checked it out in the appropriate areas.
    --Lidia

Ok, well I know this is a feeling shared only by myself, but I'm going to say it anyway. As someone who doesn't have a high post count, I have never understood why it is so important to anyone?? To me personally all it says is that I spend way too much time on the computer. Perhaps if I spent less time chatting, I'd get more stamping done.

Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
    Ok, well I know this is a feeling shared only by myself, but I'm going to say it anyway. As someone who doesn't have a high post count, I have never understood why it is so important to anyone?? To me personally all it says is that I spend way too much time on the computer. Perhaps if I spent less time chatting, I'd get more stamping done.

Hoo, Boy!
    Isn't THAT the truth!!!!
    LOL
    Joanie

I agree! There are some days, I spend way too much time on the computer, and other times not so much. I never look at the post count, it doesn't really matter to me.
    shelley

10. Re: ***UPDATED***The elephant in the shack room....(long and opinionated)

The original poster of this thread has requested the thread be closed.

We do want to confirm that the swap board guidelines are strictly enforced. All reported incidences of flaking are investigated and handled according to the guidelines. The key work being "reported". If the flaker is not reported then it obviously cannot be addressed.

The report a swap flaker we need to know the swap name, a description of what happened and attempted communicated with the flaker to resolved the matter. With this information we investigate the issue with the accused flaker and if the issues is confirmed the flaking incident is documented. If a second flaking incident is confirmed with the same Shack Plus member, then that member is banned from swap participation.

The Stamp Shack has been designed as a friendly community open to all. Because their are real costs to supporting the Shack we encourage all members to become Shack Plus members to enjoy additional benefits of the site and show their commitment to the community. This is a completely voluntary act and we will continue to welcome junior members to participate.

Realize though, that we will always have a focus on encouraging junior members to become Shack Plus members, because that is what it takes to keep this community up and running. That is why certain benefits of the site are reserved only to Shack Plus members. We hope that junior members will find enough value and benefit from their participation in The Stamp Shack community that they will become Shack Plus members.

We appreciate the thoughts and energy that have been expressed. We will continue to enforce the swap board guidelines and The Stamp Shack guidelines.

Closed Thread