+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meet Gypsy

1. Meet Gypsy

Yes it is true! I bought her today! Gypsy is a 12 year old, 15.2 hh Canadian Horse or Cheval Canadien. I'm so excited I'm like a 10 year girl with her first horse (just add 45 years to that age!) Gypsy is amazing. I'm sure you'll hear more about her if you just ask! I'm uploading some videos of her onto you tube so if you want to see her move I should have them on facebook later this evening.

Anyway, I just had to introduce you to my new girl, Gypsy.

And no, that isn't me in the photo. She is a friend of mine who helped me choose the perfect horse for me.
    Last edited by inkinupstamps; 05-04-2010 at 06:11 AM.
    Jennifer

My blog

Re: Meet Gypsy

Jennifer..she's a beauty!! will she be at your house or will you board her? how old do horses live anyways? I'm clueless

3. Re: Meet Gypsy

wow! I sure don't know how you do it all!!!
    Traci

she is very pretty!

{click above for my craft blog!}

Gorgeous!
    She looks so nice and calm!
    ENJOY!
    Joanie

6. Re: Meet Gypsy

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    Jennifer..she's a beauty!! will she be at your house or will you board her? how old do horses live anyways? I'm clueless
    Gypsy will be stabled at the barn owned by the woman riding her in the photo. It takes me slightly less than 20 minutes to get there so not far at all. I'll probably live at the barn. LOL LOL

Gypsy will live a good long life. Canadian mares are extraordinarily fertile, and reproduce regularly until the age of 20 or older. Gypsy has had three foals already, though I don't plan for her to have more. So while it is difficult to guestimate life expectancy for her, it will be well beyond 20 years provided she stays at fit and healthy as she is now.

She's a gentle as a puppy. Loves to be touched and groomed and ridden and comes easily when called. I've "owned" her less than 5 hours and I love her already.
    Jennifer

My blog

Quote Originally Posted by inkinupstamps View Post
    Gypsy will be stabled at the barn owned by the woman riding her in the photo. It takes me slightly less than 20 minutes to get there so not far at all. I'll probably live at the barn. LOL LOL

Gypsy will live a good long life. Canadian mares are extraordinarily fertile, and reproduce regularly until the age of 20 or older. Gypsy has had three foals already, though I don't plan for her to have more. So while it is difficult to guestimate life expectancy for her, it will be well beyond 20 years provided she stays at fit and healthy as she is now.

She's a gentle as a puppy. Loves to be touched and groomed and ridden and comes easily when called. I've "owned" her less than 5 hours and I love her already.
    oh my gosh, that is awesome!! I'm sure she will love you too. Riding is wicked good exercise also, so that's just a bonus

She is a beauty!
    shelley

9. Re: Meet Gypsy

oh she's lovely

Why Miss Jennifer, you are turning into a country girl! Lovely horse.

Kathy

+ Reply to Thread