+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I am

1. I am

It is with a heavy heart that I have to announce that I will not be walking in the Breast Cancer walk this weekend.

Three weeks ago our company announced they would be relocating 400 'field' jobs to a centralized location. The affected departments at my office aren't slated for transition for a few months, however several key employees took the opportunity to secure employment with a competitor and walked out last week. In addition, yesterday my office was told that 'effective immediately' one of our products is being integrated with another office, resulting in several immediate layoffs for my office.

Yesterday my boss asked me and the two other walkers from our office not to walk this weekend. I really don't have a choice as we don't take vacation to participate. Instead of walking I will be meeting with customers to do damage control. I am having a rough time with this - the part about not walking as well as the part about the loss of jobs. A colleague asked me to be proud of all that I have accomplished as in this tough economy I have raised over $2400.00 this year and over $15,000.00 in the past four years. My team is just about at $200,000.00 for this year and over $800,000.00 for the past four walks. Even though I am not walking every penny I have raised still goes to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

I am devastated ... yesterday was a rough day ... so far I'm not feeling any better this morning ...
    Teresa

Re: I am

Oh, Teresa..that is a LOT to deal with all at once. A lot of sadness and grieving during a time when you are expected to help others through.
    I don't doubt that you can handle it, but I do want you to know that there are people out here who are holding you up in thought and prayer. Hugs to you, friend.
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

3. Re: I am

sending love
    ...oops, wrong hat!

Remember you have walked for me already and I appreciate it. So the good you have done is lasting to some and coming to a good ending for others. Remember that and people will reward you more next year when you walk again. - Nancy

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

I'm sorry to hear this. Sending you big hugs! ((((HUGS))))

Hugs Teresa. I'm so sorry this all happened. Hang in there...
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

Sending lots of hugs, Teresa.

Sending some hugs also!
    shelley

Well that sure stinks, but what can you do? I'm wishing you well in this transition, and I hope you can find peace in there somewhere. Big hugs to you!

10. Re: I am

Oh Teresa ... I am so sorry!!!

+ Reply to Thread