+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2 weeks until Thanksgiving in the US!!

Re: 2 weeks until Thanksgiving in the US!!

I am hosting (happily) once again. We will have around 22-26 ish here. We don't REALLY have the room, but we just put tables every where.
    I should learn from Vicki and make out the lists for the days leading up to it. Maybe this time I will SAVE the lists I will make.

One of the biggest hits each year is the Mashed sweet potatoes...just boiled sweet potatoes, cream cheese, butter and salt and pepper...they are a huge hit.

Anyone is invited..my kids say they never know who will be here becasue I bring in all the "strays"..ha ha but it is true...international students, elderly friends, lonely folks, family, etc. It's always fun and coversation is lively. My Mom and step dad will be here too.
    PS What is the recipe with deviled eggs with veggie cream Cheese?
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

2. Re: 2 weeks until Thanksgiving in the US!!

That sounds awesome Cheryl - inviting those who may not otherwise have a nice dinner with family!

Here's that recipe:

6 large eggs
    1/4 cup garden vegetable cream cheese
    3 tablespoons salad dressing or mayo
    salt and pepper to taste

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

I can hardly wait!!!! We are doing at my house and I'm doing all the cooking. I'll be making turkey, dressing, yams, mashed potatoes, rolls, brocolli and rice casserole, giblet gravy, deviled eggs and homemade apple pie.Yum!!!!

Here's a great link to using your crockpot to help out with the holiday menus. I love love love this blog and she just finished her cookbook, too if you need something to put on your gift list.

+ Reply to Thread