+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Approval to Birthday Group now required.

Quote Originally Posted by GrammaStamper View Post
    Well, if you can stick with 28, then I'm going to stick with 35! That was a good year for me!
    Hehe, I wish I could stay at 28 forever too! Pat

I would like to be "grandfathered" on the list except

That sounds too much like Grandmother and I don't feel old enough to be a grandmother! Although I certainly am old enough -- just because I have a 10-year old daughter doesn't mean I could't have a 30-year old one!

The birthday group has been fun! I try to send a bunch of cards every month -- I wish I could send enough for everyone!

Nancy

I want to be on the list if I am not already. I like the age I am right now. It is 35 and that's where I'm staying. Hugs, Heather

michelle328 Guest View Member Photos
    Do we know yet what the new procedure will be? I wouldn't mind having a "happy birthday" or two on the day

Michelle

5. Hi ladies,

Let me explain this issue better. For those of you who are already a member of the birthday group, you will remain in the birthday group - no further steps are necessary. For anyone NEW wanting to join the group, you would sign up as normal (please see this thread for instructions) but I would have to approve your application. The reason we are doing this is because, apparently, there is a person (or bot) going around to different message boards, joining their groups and then causing trouble (ie. hundreds of spam posts to the group forum). Unfortunately, once this person has been granted access to the group, there is no way to stop them, You can't even delete or ban them. So, in order to prevent this from happening to us, you will now need approval by moi.

Hope this makes sense!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Sherry; 01-10-2007 at 08:57 AM.

in my little hut surrounded by bits of paper & stamps
    Sounds good to me. Birthdays are great. So I hope as an old member I'm in group or this is my approval to put me in the group.
    Michelle

Can I go back to 29? I think I had to turn 30 this year since my DS turned 15. Have to keep the numbers somewhat believable.

Sherry, Thank you for looking out for us. What we would we do without you. You take such good care of us and are thinking way beyond what any of us could even imagine. That's what makes this site so great.

Donna

8. Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    Hi ladies,

Let me explain this issue better. For those of you who are already a member of the birthday group, you will remain in the birthday group - no further steps are necessary. For anyone NEW wanting to join the group, you would sign up as normal (please see this thread for instructions) but I would have to approve your application. The reason we are doing this is because, apparently, there is a person (or bot) going around to different message boards, joining their groups and then causing trouble (ie. hundreds of spam posts to the group forum). Unfortunately, once this person has been granted access to the group, there is no way to stop them, You can't even delete or ban them. So, in order to prevent this from happening to us, you will now need approval by moi.

Hope this makes sense!

Cheers!

Sherry,

How long does it take to be approved? I'm a newbie here and submitted my application.

Thanks.

Teresa

+ Reply to Thread