+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you embossed on acrylic?

Have you embossed on acrylic?

I just put a pic in the gallery of some ornaments I did tonight. Stamped in Staz On on acrylic, heat set, versamarked it and then added EP. It all went well, they looked pretty cool. I was adding the red line tape to finish the edges with glitter and as I was doing so the tape- which is what the company recommends to use- started lifting the embossing powder off the acrylic.
    I ended up attaching it to the paper and then you can't tell about the boo boo. I tried again with a different EP with the same results.

I did email the company so I'll see what they say, but I'm a little bummed. I didn't want to HAVE to put it on the paper. Any advice out there?

Kathy

2. Re: Have you embossed on acrylic?

I never have so I don't have any suggestions for you, but I think your ornaments look pretty!
    Traci

3. Re: Have you embossed on acrylic?

Hmm-m I haven't combined heat embossing with the glitter tape on acrylic. Be sure to let us know what the company says. Your samples are lovely. Are you going to make a hole for a ribbon? Careful with you punches...some of the recycled packaging acrylic is too firm to punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Far North View Post
    Hmm-m I haven't combined heat embossing with the glitter tape on acrylic. Be sure to let us know what the company says. Your samples are lovely. Are you going to make a hole for a ribbon? Careful with you punches...some of the recycled packaging acrylic is too firm to punch.
    They already had holes in them when purchased, so no worries there. You can't see because I didn't put the ribbon on yet. I tried a fine silver cord I had and it didn't want to thread so I need something larger.

According to the company I did everything exactly right so I'm flummoxed. As is, it's a nice ornament and it is going to be from children to their parents. I may try wiping off a wee amount from the edges so that is what the tape will adhere to instead of the EP, but on the company's examples they do just what I did.

Kathy

5. Re: Have you embossed on acrylic?

Kathy who did you get the ornaments from?

Re: Have you embossed on acrylic?

Quote Originally Posted by Far North View Post
    Kathy who did you get the ornaments from?
    www.sparklensprinkle.com but I bought them at a convention a while ago so I can't tell you how much they are, but they had a bunch of sizes at the time.

Kathy

+ Reply to Thread