+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Colby is in the hospital - **now home**

1. Colby is in the hospital - **now home**

He vomited again this morning and it was a very dark brown and unusual color. I didn't know if it was blood or what. We took him into the emergency vet and he has pancreatitis. Usually they get that from eating table scraps, but we don't feed him table scraps, so she said he could have eaten a dead bird or something. They have him on IV fluids and he will be in until at least tomorrow afternoon.

She said his clinical signs are all good, but he's not out of the woods yet, it can sometimes be fatal.

So say a prayer for him! You know he's like our kid so I don't want anything to happen to him!
    Last edited by workin4stamps; 11-27-2009 at 09:07 PM.
    Traci

Re: Colby is in the hospital

I'm so sorry that he's not feeling so good. Prayers for you and him.
    shelley

Oh no Tracey! Thinking of you!! My good friend had a dog with Pancreatitis and she live to be about 17. Just a strict diet of some expensive dog food!
    I am sending well wishes to Colby and thinking of you and dad! It is terrible when "our children" are sick because we can't always be with them or know what to do.
    Please keep us posted!! Give Colby a big hug tomorrow when you pick up from me.

Oh no, I am so sad for you guys and Colby and Bailey cause his big brother isn't there. Praying he'll be fine and very soon. Call me if you need a shoulder, or anything.

Kathy

5. Re: Colby is in the hospital

I think that is what happened to my dog, but she was an outside dog and ate dead animals.

I will pray for Colby; I'm sure he will recover just fine. And here's a hug for you too

6. Re: Colby is in the hospital

Oh no Traci, make sure you let us know how he is doing. Poor fellow!
    Kim

Close To My Heart Consultant

7. Re: Colby is in the hospital

Hoping Colby gets better soon. Here's a hug for you and one for Colby, too.

Hugs to you, Traci! I hope Colby will be ok.

oh no!! We worry about or furbabies when they are sick..it is just like having a sick child. I'm sending up prayers for Colby, & for you & Brian too.
    Is Bailey feeling better?
    (((hugs)))

10. Re: Colby is in the hospital

Good Luck colby you can fight this ......hugs Traci and hope Colby is better soon xxx

+ Reply to Thread