+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We're getting a new addition!

We're getting a new addition!

puppy 2.jpg puppy-1.jpg
    Next Saturday, we'll be welcoming a new baby into the house. No, not a baby baby, but a dog baby. We had been looking off and on for the last couple of years. For some reason, either the fit or breed wasn't right, or the last pup had been sold an hour before we showed up! We've already got an older dog, and decided we weren't going to actively look anymore. We'll get a puppy when it fell in our lap! lol. This one did!! I got a call out of the blue Thursday morning asking if we were still interested in a puppy and their dog had a litter a few weeks ago. This is the puppy we had really wanted over a year ago. Left our phone number, just in case. Well, after discussing with hubby and kids, we went to see the pups. Now, who can refuse a pup when you see him. You see his pics, would you have said no! lol we fell in love and picked one out. They had a litter of 8. 4 boys and 4 girls. We picked out a little boy. He was adorable. i held him for a few minutes, and I think he would have fallen asleep in my arms if I held him any longer. He will 8 weeks next saturday, when we pick him up. So what you guys think? Any of you have more than one dog, and if so, how do you introduce the new guy to the very old old dog? Any advice, I'll take.
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

Re: We're getting a new addition!

Awww, so sweet. I can almost smell that puppy breath. I think it's easier to introduce a new dog off the dog's turf outside someplace so the older dog isn't as territorial. Give your older dog lots of attention because it will be jealous of all the attention the pup gets. We always have an older dog and a younger dog together here. Our old girl is 9 and the young one is almost 3.

cute cute cute! any names picked out? I don't have any dogie advice, but tami's sounds spot on. how fun.. a Christmas puppy

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    cute cute cute! any names picked out? I don't have any dogie advice, but tami's sounds spot on. how fun.. a Christmas puppy
    Yeah, Cody. So, you wanna know why Cody? Well, because Cody is my youngest DS's favorite star wars clone trooper and because that clone trooper is the same tan color as the new puppy!! lol
    Renu

hahaha!!! that's cute and a great reason, too

Now, his name makes me want to scrap, even though I haven't scrapped in ages. The oldest bought a santa suit to put on him and take pics. How cute will that be!
    Renu

lol..you never know where inspiration will come from

What a cutie!
    shelley

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Awww, what a cutie pie!!!!!!

We had a choice of picking him up on the 12th or wait till the first of the year. If we pick him up on the 12th, we don't get to go to any of our relatives for Christmas. We'll have two dogs to take and of course, this one won't be house broken. He's such a cutie pie, I'd rather have him for a present. I guess my parents and my in-laws will have to come here!!
    Renu

+ Reply to Thread