+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ai help!!!!!!

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Re: Ai help!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suzi_f View Post
    I'll try to take a pic tomorrow. It is NOT photo paper I'm using. It's a "slick" cardstock, I'm not 100% sure it's glossy or not. Shinier than posterboard but kinda along those lines. I'm using a TON of ink on the dauber and it seems to soak & dry immediately into the paper so that's what makes me think it's not the right stuff. It's also leaving "water-marks" on top the already inked surface. I don't know if that's right or not. I'm going to call my LSS to see if they have any real glossy cardstock tomorrow. I am using the blending solution. I wondered if my problem was using only 2 colors & a metalic. I'm just dissappointed. I wanted to be TH when I grew up
    It doesn't sound like the right stuff. On glossy cardstock it's very shiny like a glossy picture is and the ink doesn't soak into it and dry right away. Once the ink dries it will stay a little shiny too if it's glossy cardstock.

I found with doing backgrounds With the A's I preferred embossing wit my cuttlebug and then coloring different images. There is a card in the Galery that I loved that Dries (?) did. She used the floral fantasy folder and hen colored it in with the AI's. It is awesome. I plan on proting tomorrow with the pumpkin folder.
    Nicole

I have used the ai's and you have to use the glossy cs, and they work great, all the color variations you can do. I am using su /cs. You have to play with the colors to see what catches your eye. I use 4x6 cs, which gives me enough room to play with the colors, and on the backs of the cs, write the colors you used to get the results.
    A morning without coffee is like something without something else.

I know this is off-topic, Sandy, but I love your signature statement!
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

Quote Originally Posted by suzi_f View Post
    I wanted to be TH when I grew up

hee hee... me too, ok so the cs is maybe not right, but, if you have anything plastic or metal (non absorbant) to play on you could try it on those too... like that plastic that cuttlebug folders come packaged inside of??
    ~Stacy

My Blog

6. Re: Ai help!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
    hee hee... me too, ok so the cs is maybe not right, but, if you have anything plastic or metal (non absorbant) to play on you could try it on those too... like that plastic that cuttlebug folders come packaged inside of??
    I think I might play w/it some more, after C'mas. Unless I go & buy the crap today. I need to get my cards OUT & can't wait on my super-duper idea. LOL

Thank you Tracey..straight from the heart...lol
    A morning without coffee is like something without something else.

oh Suzi, you have been planning to play with your Alc. Inks for so long...while you are waiting to get the correct glossy card (and I like the SU glossy, by the way), try using them on metal, or plastic, or to change the colour of buttons etc.
    Sarah

That video that Tami mentioned is great! TFS

+ Reply to Thread