+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Private Messages Question

Private Messages Question

Hey, gals,
    I probably live under a rock when it comes to techie stuff...well, actually I DO!!!
    I just sent 14 individual responses to everyone who asked for Jan's address.
    Is there a way to sent one PM to many?
    I'm just to DUH for some things~
    Joanie

2. Re: Private Messages Question

Yes and its super easy. Just type the member's name and put a ; (semi-colon) with a space in between like this ...

iloveflipflops ; ccstampin ; workin4stamps ;

Re: Private Messages Question

aha! so glad you asked Joanie..I knew there was a way but didn't know how either

Quote Originally Posted by iloveflipflops View Post
    Yes and its super easy. Just type the member's name and put a ; (semi-colon) with a space in between like this ...

iloveflipflops ; ccstampin ; workin4stamps ;

OH!
    OK
    So instead of responding to one PM, I'd start a whole new one and send to everyone.
    Hmmmm...wish I had known that when I was typing basically the same message a million times! LOL
    THANKS
    Joanie

That's ok Joanie--it makes the techies among us feel good to know the answers and be able to help us stone-agers!!!

6. Re: Private Messages Question

Joanie,
    You may find it a lot faster to hit reply at the bottom of the messages you recieve and copy a message you have already typed by> highlighting with left mouse button held down>click right mouse button and click copy> click left mouse where you want to insert message>and right side again to paste.

This is a easy process that becomes 2nd nature after doing it several times.

Also note if listing the names as Sherri described above, the name will complete itself if you hover a few moments after typing the first letter...once you click the correct name it automatically puts in the name, punctuation and spacing needed.

Hope this helps make the task faster for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Far North View Post
    Joanie,
    You may find it a lot faster to hit reply at the bottom of the messages you recieve and copy a message you have already typed by> highlighting with left mouse button held down>click right mouse button and click copy> click left mouse where you want to insert message>and right side again to paste.

This is a easy process that becomes 2nd nature after doing it several times.

Also note if listing the names as Sherri described above, the name will complete itself if you hover a few moments after typing the first letter...once you click the correct name it automatically puts in the name, punctuation and spacing needed.

Hope this helps make the task faster for you!
    OK...I have to admit, my eyes kind of glazed over when you were talking about right and left clicking! LOL
    I think I managed to send you AND Debbie the same PM just now.
    Thanks for trying to get a dinosaur into the world of CYBER stuff!
    LOL
    Joanie

8. Re: Private Messages Question

Quote Originally Posted by ccstampin12 View Post
    OK...I have to admit, my eyes kind of glazed over when you were talking about right and left clicking! LOL
    I think I managed to send you AND Debbie the same PM just now.
    Thanks for trying to get a dinosaur into the world of CYBER stuff!
    LOL
    Joanie
    Which button to click is really no problem...if one doesn't work the other will! Sometimes trail and error is easier than learning which sequence.

+ Reply to Thread