+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about unmounting wood stamps

Question about unmounting wood stamps

After the stamp is taken off the wood block and all the glue is cleaned off, do you have to cut off the grey cushion from the stamp and then adhere a new piece of EZMount foam? The stamp that I unmounted won't cling to the acrylic block with the old cushion on it.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

Re: Question about unmounting wood stamps

You would have to take that off and apply the EZA foam, if you wanted to try scotch tape it sticks to the acrylic and is hard to get off, so Iwouldn't go that route. Nancy

3. Re: Question about unmounting wood stamps

Joanne-I stick my fingernail between the rubber and the gray foam and pull off the rubber only. Rarely does any of the gray foam stick--if it does I do clean it off because if it is uneven your image will not come out clean. And your right the EZ foam overtop of the original gray mounting foam does not work in addition thicker stamps become a storage problem too!

4. Re: Question about unmounting wood stamps

Joanne...another option is to not put the ez foam on. It gets rather expensive and it also becomes bulky in the cd cases. Michelle Zindorf hooked me onto applying Aileens Tack it over and over onto the back of the rubber. Paint a light coating on the rubber, let dry a few minutes then it clings to the acrylic block over and over. I now stamp on a foam mat that I received in Michelle's class and it works like a charm. The bottle of Aileens is maybe $2.99 at M's. I am still on my original bottle and I have probably unmounted 75 SU sets and all of my Christmas stamps/sentiments. I am now working on unmounting my florals.

Visit my blog here

Re: Question about unmounting wood stamps

Thanks for all your suggestions, girls.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

6. Re: Question about unmounting wood stamps

Have you tried putting your stamps in the microwave to take off the wood mounts?
    It works a treat and clean up is easy.
    Just put them in individually for about 10secs and you will find the glue melts enough to peel back the mounting foam and cushion.

+ Reply to Thread