+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ive gained 13 lbs!!!! and still gaining

Ive gained 13 lbs!!!! and still gaining

Im not bragging , its just a fact Ive weighed the same that I did in Hs give or take a few pounds. in the last two weeks Ive gained nearly 13 pounds, Im the heavist I ever been. If I could stay at this weight I be ok, but I don't think it would be good for my bad knees. Since I never really had any weight issues I'm kinda freaking out. Is there any advice that you can give me?
    Mindy
    "Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."
    ~ Henry Van Dyke ~

Living Life (My Blog)

Th e Cats Meow (My other Blog)

Re: Ive gained 13 lbs!!!! and still gaining

That is strange! I would say to see a doctor if it continues.

if your diet and or your activity level haven't changed, then I agree best to get checked. it could be at hyroid problem.

That seems like alot of weight to gain in two weeks. I"d have it checked out. Like Cindi mentioned, could be a tyroid.
    Kim

Yes, definitely do have it checked out.
    Unless you're actually pigging out with the chips, dips, sodas, desserts....etc.
    I could probably gain that much in a short period of time with that type of eating.
    Joanie

I agree, it would be a good idea to have things checked, just to be safe! Changes in routine can make a big change in weight. I gained 10 lbs over 3 weeks this summer when I lived in res taking my summer course. It can happen but you should get it checked.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

7. Re: Ive gained 13 lbs!!!! and still gaining

13 lbs in 2 weeks should probably warrant a visit to your doctor.

Any new medications that might include weight gain? Chance of pregnancy? Stress?

I would most certainly make a doctors appointment right away, this can be the result of something more serious and its best to get it checked out before any further symptoms arise.

Hugs to you and make an appointment!

I can't imagine any good coming from that unless you're pregnant. Go see a doctor right away and let us know!!!

10. Re: Ive gained 13 lbs!!!! and still gaining

You have been cooking a lot. Drink more water and cut back on the portions. And if the weight continues to go up, please see your dr.

+ Reply to Thread