+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in a Shack Cruise ...

1. Anyone interested in a Shack Cruise ...

I was curious how many Shackies (and family members) might be interested in a group cruise? We're taking our second cruise this April and when I was speaking to my DH's cousin who is a travel agent she mentioned we'd only need 20 people to organize a 'group'. My thoughts would be that we'd do the cruise type offerings so that we could spend some quality time with our families and we'd have some organized hours each day or night for stamping. If planned in advance the cruise ship would give us a designated area for our stamping time.

NCL (Norwegian Cruise Lines) is who we've cruised with basically for their Freestyle cruising ... without shopping around they have rates on their website for January - February 2010 of $239 for inside cabin; $279 for Ocean view; $399 for balcony; and $689 for Suite. (Per person/double occupancy).

I would also contact some of our favorite stamping companies to see if they would donate any items of let us do a group buy of a few stamp sets or something ...

Just a thought ... let me know if any of you are interested.

Thanks.
    Teresa

Re: Anyone interested in a Shack Cruise ...

I'd be interested if it was a mexico cruise or something here on the west coast. We love NCL, but weren't fond of the caribbean. This is such a great idea, Teresa. The crafty cruises that I've seen were expensive because of the cost of the celebrity crafters. We could teach each other for a lot less $.

Tami,
    we aren't celebrities? I think we have some celebrities in are midst. Also that would be great, not that id get to go, but you all would have a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by teabear View Post
    I'd be interested if it was a mexico cruise or something here on the west coast. We love NCL, but weren't fond of the caribbean. This is such a great idea, Teresa. The crafty cruises that I've seen were expensive because of the cost of the celebrity crafters. We could teach each other for a lot less $.
    Mindy
    "Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."
    ~ Henry Van Dyke ~

Living Life (My Blog)

Th e Cats Meow (My other Blog)

Big Sky Country, By the Lake and the Mountains

That would be great if it worked into my school routine.
    Marie
    Kreative Blog

When I stand before God at the end of my life,
    I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left,
    and could say, "I used everything you gave me".
    - Erma Bombeck

5. Re: Anyone interested in a Shack Cruise ...

Are you saying it would be this April???

I probably wouldn't be able to just because of Shackapalooza....I don't think I can handle 2 trips in one month!! Plus I'm going to Florida in February so that's a lot of traveling already....

sounds fun though and if we ever do it further down the road, then maybe!!
    Traci

6. Re: Anyone interested in a Shack Cruise ...

Quote Originally Posted by workin4stamps View Post
    Are you saying it would be this April???

I probably wouldn't be able to just because of Shackapalooza....I don't think I can handle 2 trips in one month!! Plus I'm going to Florida in February so that's a lot of traveling already....

sounds fun though and if we ever do it further down the road, then maybe!!
    No - I'm thinking January or February 2011, although dates can be flexible. I'd prefer not to cruise during the summer or hurricane season. I thought I'd through this out to see if there was any interest and what origin port would make sense for the majority of who wants to go.

We're going on a cruise this April.
    Teresa

I went on the NCL for our Alaskan cruise. Loved it! It would be great to do another.
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

8. Re: Anyone interested in a Shack Cruise ...

Quote Originally Posted by tesschap View Post
    No - I'm thinking January or February 2011, although dates can be flexible. I'd prefer not to cruise during the summer or hurricane season. I thought I'd through this out to see if there was any interest and what origin port would make sense for the majority of who wants to go.

We're going on a cruise this April.
    gotcha!! well depending on the timing, I would definitely consider it!
    Traci

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)

My DH and I have been toying with the idea of an Alaskan Cruise in 2011 because we will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary that summer.

I can see a batch of Shackies having a blast on a cruise!
    --Lidia

that sounds like something I would like to do.

+ Reply to Thread