+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: best ink for heat embossing

Re: best ink for heat embossing

Another vote for Versafine- I really don't use any other black ink for embossing- and get the refill cos you NEVER want to run out!
    Sarah

versafine onyx black is the only black ink i'll use. i've tried all the others and love this one the most...

{click above for my craft blog!}

Just want to add that if you don't want a fine image, you can use Ranger distress ink in black soot. It's a great black that's good for a solid look. It's a dye ink, but a slow drying dye ink so it works.

4. Re: best ink for heat embossing

Great reminder Tami, Tim Holtz claims the Ranger distress inks gives one 20 minutes after inking to emboss and heat. Terrific for times when you want to work on multiple images prior to heating or adding lots of embossing colors on one item.

what a great thread! I've enjoyed reading it..even if I have tried it all! lol
    I use versa fine, sometimes, versa mark other times..so this has been a fun thread

6. Re: best ink for heat embossing

I like Stampin' Up's Craft Black Ink.
    Craft Ink also comes in 48 colors, so you can use clear EP with any color ink!

ok, i just tried embossing with versafine and i have to say...i'm in love!! it is so much more detail than black craft ink or versamark!!

{click above for my craft blog!}

8. Re: best ink for heat embossing

"Another vote for Versafine- I really don't use any other black ink for embossing- and get the refill cos you NEVER want to run out!"
    I think you're thinking of VersaMark because there aren't any refills for VersaFine unless that's something new. Those inkpads seem to last forever. I've had mine for over four years. I agree that you always want to have the VersaMark refill on hand. I definitely never want to run out of that. (I also have an extra VersaFine Onxy Black inkpad tucked away. I've just never needed to open it up.)

I also use VersaFine Onxy Black for almost all of my embossing. I also use Superfine Clear EP. Those two products work beautifully together.

Daria

+ Reply to Thread