+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: best ink for heat embossing

1. best ink for heat embossing

what is the best brand of black ink and what type of ink do i use for clear embossing with heat gun? thanks

2. Re: best ink for heat embossing

I find that VERSAFINE Onyx Black Archival instant dry pigment ink is the best black ink to use when using clear embossing powder to emboss. Versafine is just that, i.e. versatile and very fine so you get a detailed stamped image and once embossed you also don't lose the details with gunky or heavily inked images as some pigment inks do.

You definitely want to use a pigment ink when you'll emboss. Versafine brand is my favorite pigment ink to use for embossing.
    Jennifer

My blog

Re: best ink for heat embossing

I use the Versafine ink with clear ep as well, but I only learned that from the talented ladies here! I always used the coloured ep and was never happy with the lack of crispness.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

4. Re: best ink for heat embossing

My favorite: Versafine...Nice crisp, clean, sharp images every time!

Yes Versafine for me too for embossing-works well.

6. Re: best ink for heat embossing

If it's "instant dry" wouldn't it not work w/embossing powder??

7. Re: best ink for heat embossing

I use VersaMARK and then use black embossing powder .. or whatever color I want . Good luck.
    The Shackretary

8. Re: best ink for heat embossing

I second the use of VersaMark! I love that ink for embossing.

you can use versafine to emboss?? it dries so fast...how do you get the powder to stick?

i only use clear powder to emboss. i use stampin up black craft ink if i'm just embossing black. otherwise i use versamark and whatever color of ink i want, then clear powder. i stamp in versamark first, then in the color. it is great.

{click above for my craft blog!}

10. Re: best ink for heat embossing

Quote Originally Posted by suzi_f View Post
    If it's "instant dry" wouldn't it not work w/embossing powder??
    It absolutely does work with embossing powder. It isn't "instant dry" like a dye ink is. It IS a pigment ink that will indeed dry quickly but not so fast that you can't apply the embossing powder. It truly is the best pigment ink for really crisp images. I especially enjoy using Versafine and clear embossing powder if I'm watercoloring. There is no bleeding of the color.

If I'm using a colored embossing powder I use versamark.
    Jennifer

My blog

+ Reply to Thread