+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My weight is ridiculous!!! How about Jenny?

Re: My weight is ridiculous!!! How about Jenny?

Thank you so much...this is very motivational for me!
    HUGS
    Joanie

Quote Originally Posted by dancing queen View Post
    Joanie... I just want to throw my hat in the ring here. Years ago when I stopped smoking and gained a lot of weight, I came across a quote that really helped... "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." Hang that wherever you can see it and always remember how good it finally feels to look great! Do NOT make it about the food. Make it about YOU! There are a lot of really healthy foods that are delicious... focus on them. I'm guessing you enjoy salads... so, eat salads, soups, veggies, and treat yourself occasionally to a treat. Life's way too short to waste it on dieting.

2. Re: My weight is ridiculous!!! How about Jenny?

I'm going through a simular situation Joanie. We had a lot of success doing WW online and with me going to Curves and DH using the treadmill at home every day. Due to work I stopped going to Curves last fall and then we stopped doing WW before the holidays. I've been struggling ever since with the weight gain and just the uncomfortable feeling but DH managed to keep his weight off (no clue how). I've been trying to get back to eating healthy and working out. I joined a 24 hr SnapFitness gym last week and have been faithfully working out and also doing their boot camp. I had one session with their personal trainer on Monday and can't wait for my next session. DH finally told me this morning that his weight is (finally) starting to creep back up and asked me to rejoin WW online today. I hope this gets us back on track.

I have never done Jenny Craig but I wish you much success with whatever program you choose.
    Teresa

3. Re: My weight is ridiculous!!! How about Jenny?

Joanie, have you heard of TOPS (Take off Pounds Sensibly)? It is a non-profit weight loss support group and it has been wonderful for me. I have shed 60 lbs since joining this group and am just 13 lbs away from goal.

Weekly dues are just $2 (in my area) and there are no special foods to buy. They teach you how to eat properly following the food guide. Nothing is off limits - the key is moderation.

I wish you all the best in your weight loss efforts. I know exactly how hard it is!

+ Reply to Thread