+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My weight is ridiculous!!! How about Jenny?

Question My weight is ridiculous!!! How about Jenny?

About a year ago, I only had a few pounds to go to get to my goal. Then, life happened. I couldn't exercise for months due to a physical issue, and my weight-loss 'roll' came to a screeching stop.
    Over the summer, things were VERY busy with our older DD and DGChildren here, and the wedding of our younger DD.
    DH and I joined Planet Fitness in the fall, and I went back to Weight Watchers.
    Then, I hurt myself playing Wii....LOL and haven't been back to the gym much since Christmas.
    So...the pounds have been reappearing...I can still wear my clothes, but they are snug and don't look so great anymore!
    Weight Watchers works if you do the things you're supposed to do, but I admit, I'm not!
    Haven't written in my food journal in a very long time, and I'm just sitting and spinning as far as changing my eating.
    Here's my question:
    Have any of you had good luck with Jenny Craig?
    I'm thinking I could give that a shot since everything is preplanned and I could stick with someone telling me exactly what I'm eating every day!
    When it's up to me, obviously, there's an "anything goes" mentality lately.
    Let me know what you think.
    DH is going to CA next week for almost 4 weeks, so I'd like to try to really behave myself while he's gone...fitting in some exercise and eating right.
    HUGS
    Joanie

2. Re: My weight is ridiculous!!! How about Jenny?

I have done hmr which is similar. You go to meetings and eat their food and shakes. I had great results and the food was great. Don't know about Jenny Craig though. I say go for it!
    Happy Crafting!

check out my blog : stamps scraps n more

Re: My weight is ridiculous!!! How about Jenny?

Do whatever works for you, Joanie. I'm doing weight watchers online right now and it's a great program for me. I'm losing at a good rate and really happy with the online tools. You are one of the people who inspired me to try it! Best of luck whatever you choose.

I'm a WW believer. When you stay on program, it works. I like it because you can eat everything. That means (to me anyway) that you don't ever have to change your routine to "normal". It is already normal. But it's up to you, Joanie--maybe Jennie will give you a "kick start" and get you back on track.

5. Re: My weight is ridiculous!!! How about Jenny?

I did HMR like Kimmy, and it worked pretty well for me until I got so sick of the food I couldn't eat it anymore. Now I am counting calories and trying to eat healthy foods. The problem I have with places like that (and the one I did included!) is that they are SO expensive.

I just got back from Krogers where Healthy Choice entrees were on sale for $1.88 each plus I had coupons for $1 off 2. I bought like 20 of them this week and only spent about $30. I like the Healthy Choice entrees because they have a lot of whole grains and fiber, and they are low in sodium and sugar.

I am eating a LOT of pre-portioned (frozen) entrees and stuff now just because it is easy for me to count the calories, and I don't have to prepare it.

I have pretty much automated my meals. Every day for breakfast I either have a whole wheat english muffin with natural peanut butter and sugar free jelly.........or a bowl of shredded wheat (the no sugar kind!)

For a morning snack, I eat an apple with 1 T of natural peanut butter.

For lunch I have the entrees and usually a salad or another veggie.

For dinner I do the same as lunch.

In the evening for a snack, I sometimes have a no-sugar added fudge pop (cut up in a bowl) with a T of natural PB mixed in. It tastes just like my chocolate peanut butter ice cream used to----but with only 140 calories.

So I guess my point is.....why spend that money on the program when you really could do it yourself. By some healthy choice entrees, some healthy snacks and breakfasts, and just make a "plan" and stick with it. I am keeping a food journal and I record all my calories, etc.

Of course if you did Jenny I don't think it would be bad or anything. You have to do what you think will work for you!! I'm just throwing this out there...............

Good Luck!! I am with you 100% of the way. I have been "stuck" at the same weight since Thanksgiving and I am in tears over it some days!! Just this week I switched to the "Healthy Choice" entrees, where before I was eating other ones that might not have been as great for me. I was still counting the calories and stuff---but I think they had too much sodium, fat, etc.

I have already noticed a difference and it's only been about a week!

ETA: Sorry I didn't mean to write a book!!
    Traci

I second the Healthy Choice entrees. I have one for lunch everyday. They are the first frozen meal I've eaten that actually tastes good.
    Mary

WOW!
    Thanks, girls!
    (I appreciate your book, Traci!!!)
    I really have some thinking to do now...CAN I do this on my own?
    At this point, I have not been.
    I'll think about it tomorrow, and see how I feel about it all.
    Joanie

Best of luck Joanie .... I too am trying to eat better and exercise more ... I have lost just over 10 pounds since the beginning of the year.
    Chelsea
    a*muse studio rep #1438

My Blog - Chelsea's Creative Corner

Quote Originally Posted by spredbirds View Post
    Best of luck Joanie .... I too am trying to eat better and exercise more ... I have lost just over 10 pounds since the beginning of the year.

That's great, Chelsea!!!
    That's a lot of ### for less than 2 months!
    Way to go!
    Joanie

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

Joanie... I just want to throw my hat in the ring here. Years ago when I stopped smoking and gained a lot of weight, I came across a quote that really helped... "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." Hang that wherever you can see it and always remember how good it finally feels to look great! Do NOT make it about the food. Make it about YOU! There are a lot of really healthy foods that are delicious... focus on them. I'm guessing you enjoy salads... so, eat salads, soups, veggies, and treat yourself occasionally to a treat. Life's way too short to waste it on dieting.
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

+ Reply to Thread