+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm quite nervous....

1. I'm quite nervous....

My name is Jennifer and I've been lurking on this MB for some time now. I love all of the ideas I see on the boards, especially the Swaps. The thing is....I'm fairly new to stamping, but have been scrapping for over 10 years....and I would really love to join a Swap. I've seen so many fun and interesting swaps, but I'm intimidated by the fact that I'm so new to stamping that I probably would do something totally wrong in the Swaps. I don't really get the ATC's vs. full cards (which is what I mostly do). Can someone help me? Should I put myself "out there" and hope for the best? I'm driving myself crazy trying to decide what to do....

Thanks gals for the fabulous inspiration ya'll provide!

Re: I'm quite nervous....

my thought is you have to start somewhere, so jump in!! i don't think you can really do much wrong with a swap, other than not participate and get it done on time!!

atcs are addicting. i'm just sayin'...

{click above for my craft blog!}

well first off..welcome to the stamp shack! I'm Cindi. the swaps here are lots of fun, and I'm totally addicted to atc swaps.. atc's are teh same size as baseball cards 2 1/2 x3 1/2 inches. lots of fun to make..just smaller than full cards. You have to be a shack plus member here to join swaps, so you may want to check that out..then feel free to join swaps..stampers of all levels are welcome, don't worry about that.
    There..have I helped convince you to join the fun??
    lol

I would say go for it. It does not hurt to try. Find a theme you like and go for it. I think we are at different levels and have all had doubts when we first started this. I like the full cards also. I found I can use the ATC's in my scrapbooking as embellishments that have worked well for me.
    Nicole

Just jump right in that is about the only way to do it!

At first I was not sure about ATC's but now I love them!!!

i started joining the atc swaps about 6 months ago and there were a few little things along the way that i missed or didn't quite get but no one was particularly bothered! it's so much fun...you should definitely join some. oh and welcome! i'm kirsty from south australia

7. Re: I'm quite nervous....

Hi. I'm Debbie from San Diego, CA.

I say, join up then join in! Great bunch of ladies here. If you have any questions at all, let us know. We've all been the new person at one time.

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

I say go for it. Just try one at first and see how you like it. I'm sure you'll love it and you will be hooked!!! Just remember in order to join in on the swaps you have to be a shack member and not a junior member. That is something else for you to think about now! LOL!!!

jump right in! thats what i did! my name is Jennifer and i'm from northern cali! i didn't stamp at all and all i did was scrap booking and card making!! now i love ATC's! so much fun to do and there are so many great people here to help u if u have questions!!! now all i do is stamp! and its great to incorporate in your scrap booking!!! and card making!!! its 12$ a year to join! well worth it!!!!
    Jennifer Middleton

10. Re: I'm quite nervous....

Hi Jennifer! Welcome to the Shack! I'm Lori and live in sunny Southern Vermont!

+ Reply to Thread