+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NE Shackapaloosa 2010????

1. NE Shackapaloosa 2010????

How about let's start one topic and put all the posts here ....

I found one more place in Cascade, MD. I have no idea how far it is >>>> LOL http://www.mymemoriesinthemaking.net/index.html
    The Shackretary

2. Re: NE Shackapaloosa 2010????

The Shackretary

3. Re: NE Shackapaloosa 2010????

Here's one in Jasper, GA www.sharpmtnretreat.com
    The Shackretary

Re: NE Shackapaloosa 2010????

The one in Md looks good--not so bad $$, and the meals come with it. Think there are enough of us to make it work? I would LOVE to go. Did you have dates in mind?

Dang, we still need to do a Northwest Shackapaloosa! The last one never panned out.

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)

I was just remembering that there had been talk about something for the West Coast people...not that I'm one of them. To me, even Indiana seems "out East"! LOL!
    --Lidia

7. Re: NE Shackapaloosa 2010????

The Hamburg Hideaway is booked all through the end of the year except for Labor Day weekend. I'm not sure that is a good weekend. What do you all think?????

The cost is $1050 for 10 people, not including food and its Fri - Sunday.
    The Shackretary

8. Re: NE Shackapaloosa 2010????

I really would love to do a get together. PA isn't too awful far for me to travel. Labor Day isn't good for me...other plans...But I will keep watching this thread!

How would everyone feel about the Washington, DC area? Easily accessible by air to either National or BWI airports (Dulles would work, too!) Pretty easy to drive up or down I95.

I went to a weekend crop at a Holiday Inn at Bethany Beach in the Fall. The facility was PERFECT. We had lots of table space (we each had our own table), great lighting, free freshly baked cookies in the afternoons -- what could be better! But what I found to be the MOST interesting --- is that it didn't matter where we were because we never left the hotel! We DIDN'T go to the beach. We DIDN'T go shopping. We sent out for our meals. We could have been ANYWHERE! So I thought if we could find the right facility (who knows, maybe another Holiday Inn?) with reasonably priced rooms that was easy for many to get to... that might be the best solution?

I'm planning on making some phone calls around here to see how much conference rooms would cost for a weekend -- what does everyone think?

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

I'm willing to drive most anyplace, I just need to be able to make it whenever the dates are best for everyone else.

Kathy

+ Reply to Thread