+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More postal woes and a warning!

More postal woes and a warning!

Just got back from the post office for the second day in a row, mailing out swaps and other stuff. Yesterday, I went through the line, because I am so insecure about trying to calculate the postage. So, I went back today and thought I'd try the automated machine in the lobby. I went through the screen process and the postage came out same as the ones from yesterday, so I thought "Great, I did it right!" So, I pay and it prints out the "stamps." I happened to notice that although the screen said $1.73 and that's what I paid for, the postage label printed out at $1.05?! So I end up going inside anyway and the guy at the counter stares at the receipt and label for a while, as mystified as I was. Finally, he says, I'll just put the additional amount on it, so he prints another label and sticks it to the envelope. Anyway, the warning part is that if you use the automated machine, make sure it prints the correct amount on the stamp. I would have been furious if I hadn't caught it and it had been returned for postage due.

Henderson, Nevada

Re: More postal woes and a warning!

This sounds like the start of a good "spooky" book. Like a Dean Kountz storyline. I'm sorry you're having a tough time at the PO. I wish you could go to mine. If you google Stony Creek Connecticut I think you can see where mine is. The view, over the water, is what the Post Office lady gets to see. I'm green with envy. I would love a job like that.

3. Re: More postal woes and a warning!

Wow, an automated machine in the lobby? The only thing in our PO's lobby is a trash can! Can you tell how rural I am!

Sorry you had a bad time at the Post Office.

Yikes, I use the automated machine all the time. I shall be more careful. I also learned that you have to use the stamps from thoses machine THAT day, otherwise they are outdated and they wont let me use them. I lost $13.00 that way!
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

I always use the automated machine. Thanks for the warning.
    Heather

We Grow By Our Dreams (my blog)
    Grow Home (my Etsy store where I sell vintage stuff)

+ Reply to Thread