+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More layoffs

More layoffs

Oh geez. So Friday was another "Black Friday" for us. First of all, poor supervisor (good guy) was told MONDAY that he was laid off by the head honcho plopping the paperwork on his desk. Then he had to keep it to himself until the head honcho announced to all his reports (with him standing there) that he was "retiring". Nice. He needs a job now and he is 57.

Then at the end of the day Friday we had 5 more people gone.

I was sick to my stomach and hands shaking and everything. Survivor's guilt is horrible!!

Now tomorrow is back to work (for those of us left). And there are plant meetings. i fully expect him to announce furloughs again for the rest of us.......

Blah.
    Tricia =^..^=
    www.PurrsAndPants.com

Re: More layoffs

I'm sorry to hear this. My layoff was a year ago January after 29 years there. I know from past layoffs of others that it is often worse on the ones left behind. Between the extra work and the fear of who's next--no one comes out ahead. I'll be thinking about you.

Ouch. Sounds like someone could use some management training... I'm sure it's tough waiting for additional shoes to drop. Good luck and keep your chin up!

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

Wow, bad enough to be laid off, but for him to lie about it??? Makes no sense. Keep being as positive as you can, it's all you can do.

Kathy

hang in there Tricia, I just hope the economy turns soon
    (((hugs)))

6. Re: More layoffs

How awful tricia. I'm so sorry this is happening. *hugs*

Sues sentiments
    Sues Magnolia Treasures
    proud DT member for Gina K. spotlight alumni~

Thinking of you! I hope things will get better soon.
    That is a terrible cloud to work under everyday.

8. Re: More layoffs

Sorry! My husband works for the state, and they are talking massive lay-offs to balance the budget.

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

This is just really depressing. Although it's tough being one of the ones left behind, try to focus on the fact that you have the job and make the most of it while you can. Might think about saving a little extra for a rainy day.
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

+ Reply to Thread