+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Today has been an emotional birthday for me

1. Today has been an emotional birthday for me

Not that I mind turning my age (46). It was moving our oldest son to Atlanta this weekend We drove him up yesterday and just arrived back home now. He is living downtown and I am worried about him. He hopes to enroll in Ga State next fall. For now he wants to establish residency and find employment. My sister does live 1/2 north of him (which helps ease my mind a bit) but still I cried all the whole way home. Our middle son moved out two weeks ago. He bought his own house and we moved him in. At least he is still in town with us. At least we still have our youngest at home. The house still seems empty without the other two.

Time to go unpack....

Visit my blog here

Re: Today has been an emotional birthday for me

Oh, I don't know if it ever gets easier....my kids haven't lived with me full time for about 6 years and I still cry when they leave each time.
    You should be proud on your birthday that you instilled the independence in them to go out into the world to do what they should. I'm sorry it's made the day sad foryou.
    Happy birthday.
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

I';m sorry, Cheri, that your having a tough time.

I know how you feel Cheri. GaTech campus is right on the outskirts of downtown Atlanta and I'm thinking about him all the time in that area. Your son is doing the smart thing though ... establishing residency. Colleges are getting pretty pricey as Georgia lawmakers are working on a tremendous tuition hike towards the end of the year. I'm so sorry that your birthday was so emotional and I know I won't help by saying this but the crying never stops as each time you visit each other and your child leaves, the crying begins again.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

5. Re: Today has been an emotional birthday for me

Oh Cheri! I feel your misery. I truly do. Yes, it is true that my "children" have been out of the nest for many years. Nevertheless, each time I see them I cry and worry (albeit usually needlessly, nevertheless I do worry) and fret over them. Your son is growing and you are giving him wings as a good mother should. It is just that no one ever tells mom that it hurts us more than it hurts the kids. Happy birthday Cheri. Your birthday was a milestone for your son and one you'll remember always too.
    Jennifer

My blog

oh geez...i dread the day my kids leave. i'm sorry you are sad cheri. sounds to me like you have raised clever and capable adults so well done for that! i hope you have a great 46th year!

Oh thinking of you! But it sounds like both are very mature and you must be proud-doesn't make you worry less but sounds like they have a solid foundation to rely on for now and the future.

Boy, what a way to celebrate your birthday! I can't imagine what it must be like when your kid(s) move out! Sounds like you are handling it well, sad for sure, but recognizing that you've done a great job growing great kids!

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

I'm sorry it hasn't been an awesome birthday for you. Hoping the days ahead will be brighter for you. hugs

Kathy

10. Re: Today has been an emotional birthday for me

awww....I imagine each time one of the kids moves out, it's never easy. *gentle hugs*

Sues sentiments
    Sues Magnolia Treasures
    proud DT member for Gina K. spotlight alumni~

+ Reply to Thread