+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Got my veggie garden planted!!!

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Got my veggie garden planted!!!

Spring has sprung in Texas and I have planted my veggies. I planted it in 5 gallon buckets. I have a total of 15 buckets that's holding tomatoes, cucumber, jalapenos, bell pepper and zucchini. Who else is getting ready to plant?

2. Re: Got my veggie garden planted!!!

I'm envious! We can't plant for another two months!! However, we've had such an unusually mild winter and it is even more incredibly unusual that our snow has melted and I can even SEE where my veggie garden and flower beds are! The ground is still frozen but the temperatures and whispering spring!

So....I can't plant yet but I've been planning the gardens.
    Jennifer

My blog

Re: Got my veggie garden planted!!!

i would love to but with our bipolar weather, who knows when i will be able to!!

{click above for my craft blog!}

Yay for you! But it's Too early for planting here! I do have some tulips that are popping up now, but it will be a couple more months before any veggies can survive outside.
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

5. Re: Got my veggie garden planted!!!

WOW!! Your garden sounds great!! I am thinking about ours, does that count? I'm thinking we can do our garden in a few more weeks. Last year we started so late but it was because charlie had his shoulder surgery so we did a small one and it did horrible. People have told me that we need to move the garden every few years to a different location. Is this true? 3 years ago it was so good and we haven't had a good garden since. Now i want a homegrown tomato sandwich!! LOL
    The Shackretary

way too early here. I could start some seed inside on a window sill though

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Quote Originally Posted by iloveflipflops View Post
    WOW!! Your garden sounds great!! I am thinking about ours, does that count? I'm thinking we can do our garden in a few more weeks. Last year we started so late but it was because charlie had his shoulder surgery so we did a small one and it did horrible. People have told me that we need to move the garden every few years to a different location. Is this true? 3 years ago it was so good and we haven't had a good garden since. Now i want a homegrown tomato sandwich!! LOL
    They actually say you should move the spot you plant your veggie's in every year. Like one year move the tomatoes to the back row and then the next to the middle...and so and so on with all of the veggies. Just rotate them.

+ Reply to Thread