+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I wish someone would buy our FL house

1. I wish someone would buy our FL house

We have 3 potential couples looking at it right now. We did get a VERY LOW offer last week but it was less than we paid 8 years ago so we turned it down. One guy is having his architect come over today to look at it. Its always something!!!

If it doesn't sell soon, we may put it up for auction in a few months. At least then it would be a quick sale and it will be done with. I DO NOT WANT TO MOVE BACK which Charlie has threatened to do if it does not sell. Our house in NC is costing 3 times that house so that is not a way to get Charlie to stay here, that's for sure .
    The Shackretary

2. Re: I wish someone would buy our FL house

Have you thought about putting it up for rent? That's what we're doing with our other house that we can't sell and it's worked out nicely. There are lots of good renters out there and I'm sure it's a nice enough house to attract good people who will take care of it.

Wow, and I thought the cost of living was cheaper in NC than in FL. I sure hope it sells for you too.

Kathy

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Re: I wish someone would buy our FL house

Have you ever tried taking it off the market for a couple of months and then relisting it. That is what our Realtor told us to do when we were selling our old house.

my advice is put the price up- you get people with more money looking at it, then you can still drop the price to what you want and they feel like they got a brgain!
    Sarah

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

Quote Originally Posted by loobylou View Post
    my advice is put the price up- you get people with more money looking at it, then you can still drop the price to what you want and they feel like they got a brgain!
    That actually makes a lot of sense... Hmmm
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

in my little hut surrounded by bits of paper & stamps

Could you rent it to snowbirds from Canada or NY or somewhere up north who come to FL for the winter? Of course, now the snowbirds will be heading back north in a few weeks,so that won't work now.

I wish you all could sell it too just for the peace of mind. With Emily going off to college, all this would be kind of hard on you all.
    Michelle

Yes the market is pretty flat!
    North Carolina use to be cheaper but with all of the developers etc...the price of real estate has really increased-taxes too. NC has lots of taxes.
    The prices even with foreclosures have not decreased in our area at all-
    But maybe Sherri your house will sell soon- I say look for long term leases or seasonal rentals if possible- but don't make it cheap- price it up like Sarah said so you get people with money looking/renting. Rent to buy!

+ Reply to Thread