+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spring has sprung and mud is a-bloomin!

1. Spring has sprung and mud is a-bloomin!

We have had an EARLY (!!!) spring thaw. And yes! I'm jumping for joy about the weather.

This thaw has created really nice thick, deep, mucky mud in the fields. I just came back from grooming Gypsy. I almost didn't recognize my horse, who is black like satin when she is clean. She was brown muck from head, mane, hooves to her glorious long, thick tail.

If you haven't ever owned a horse did you know that horses just love to roll in mud? My girl surely does. She must have had a great time today.

If you think it is a lot of work to groom large dogs, let me tell you about a 1300 lb horse!

I'm exhausted. I just did 90 minutes worth of aerobics, squats, deep knee bends, toe touches and arm lifts. She looks great now. I'm a mess.

And of course when she goes back out to the field tomorrow with her buddies, you KNOW what she'll do again.

But you know what? I love it!
    Jennifer

My blog

Re: Spring has sprung and mud is a-bloomin!

happy mud season..I think!

take pics!!! lol i love pics of animals! one before the mud, and one after! lol
    Jennifer Middleton

But mom she loves playing in the mud so much with her little friends.
    sounds like you had a good work out and will be doing it again soon.

Jennifer, I'm so glad you are enjoying Gypsy. I'll bet you never realized how much energy you do have. I would love to see more pictures.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Sounds like a lot of work but of course when work is done out of love it's all worth it!!!

7. Re: Spring has sprung and mud is a-bloomin!

Spring is such a lovely time of year and animals and birds give us so much pleasure.

+ Reply to Thread