+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi I am the owner of a Dachshund puppy, and I am exhausted!

Hi I am the owner of a Dachshund puppy, and I am exhausted!

Phew! I haven't done much of anything other then take care of Hershey day and night. My house is neglected, my wash is piling up and we've been grabbing quick meals for dinner. I've completely forgotten how much work a new little puppy is BUT she is so darn cute and cuddly that I just want to train her and not worry about anything else. She has developed some type of asthma or a bad cough. I can't really tell because she doesn't have much of a voice yet and she's so darn tiny that I really can't tell if she's gasping for air or just coughing. She has her weekly appointment with the vets on Thursday but if she sounds worse tomorrow, I'm going to call him to see if I should bring her in tomorrow.

p.s. she's doing really well with learning to pee and poop outside, and she also walks into her kennel by herself for the night! she's such a good girl.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

Re: Hi I am the owner of a Dachshund puppy, and I am exhausted!

aww, Joanne, that's the best kind of tired!! keep up the good work, I hope Hershey feels better asap

3. Re: Hi I am the owner of a Dachshund puppy, and I am exhausted!

Aw, the joys of puppyhood!! I remember it well. Sounds like she is doing great though!!
    The Shackretary

Sounds like she has taken over just like they are suppose too.

5. Re: Hi I am the owner of a Dachshund puppy, and I am exhausted!

Yep! I remember it all too well. Technically we still have a puppy I guess. Bailey turns 1 in April.

I remember that the first week we had Colby, I lost 5 pounds!! I don't even think I had time to eat.

Sounds like she is doing GREAT!!!
    Traci

6. Re: Hi I am the owner of a Dachshund puppy, and I am exhausted!

Awwww...she has Miss Joannie wrapped around her tiny paw! I love it. She sounds like a very smart girl too...quick to learn and eager to please. I'm so happy you got her. These puppy days will go by waaaay too fast. ENJOY!

Let us know what the vet says about the cough. Check it out.
    Jennifer

My blog

I remember it well. Our little Mabel just had her third birthday.

8. Re: Hi I am the owner of a Dachshund puppy, and I am exhausted!

Quote Originally Posted by teabear View Post
    I remember it well. Our little Mabel just had her third birthday.
    NO WAY!! Mabel is three already?? Where has time flown?
    Jennifer

My blog

9. Re: Hi I am the owner of a Dachshund puppy, and I am exhausted!

OMG, I had no idea that puppies were so much work (I'm serious!!!) We've only had cats since I was old enough to know what was what. I think I'll stay w/cats. When we got Jack, he was litter trained & old enough to have his front claws removed. Easy-peasy!!

I hope my puppy chasing days are over! LOL

They do keep you busy but are so worth it!!

+ Reply to Thread