+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: techniques and embellishing male cards

Re: techniques and embellishing male cards

You've got A LOT of great ideas here.
    I don't think I noticed anyone mentioning hemp string or regular twine. I have sometimes used those.
    Also, wooden buttons are nice too.
    I'm going to print this thread out for future reference as guy cards are always challenging for me!
    Joanie

2. Re: techniques and embellishing male cards

I also bought lots of metal charms from Hanna Stamps, way back when....I got some that i can put on masculine cards with twine or dark ribbon.

I've used old rusty washers I find out in the shop. Rusty or broken nails & bolts. Old pieces of window screen. Duct tape is a favorite. I've used actual fishing lures with the sharp end of the hooks cut off and ground down.
    Mary

4. Re: techniques and embellishing male cards

Great ideas! I took notes. I am always needing ideas for the guys. lol The girl stuff comes easy enough but the men...can't live with them, can't figure out what to put on their card. Thanks for the great ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by WaxBeachArtist View Post
    Great ideas! I took notes. I am always needing ideas for the guys. lol The girl stuff comes easy enough but the men...can't live with them, can't figure out what to put on their card. Thanks for the great ideas!
    lol..very well said!!

Thanks for bumping this thread up. I forgot some of these ideas.

7. Re: techniques and embellishing male cards

You could also try adding old watch pieces too, or bits of computer motherboard chips. I have even used the little cut off logos on credit cards to make faux ones and add an image of an expensive car.

i sometimes use the mesh tape that is intended for flushing gyprock. sp?

9. Re: techniques and embellishing male cards

Thank you. The mother board idea is genius. I added all of you to my long list of blogs I follow. I am addicted, I swear. Every morning and every night I check for updates to the blogs. I look forward to alot of great posts!

+ Reply to Thread