+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Has anyone tried the Hcg Diet??

1. Re: Has anyone tried the Hcg Diet??

Administering and taking in hormones and extreme calorie limitation is just not healthy. No two ways about it.
    Last edited by inkinupstamps; 05-11-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Big Sky Country, By the Lake and the Mountains

Re: Has anyone tried the Hcg Diet??

Quote Originally Posted by inkinupstamps View Post
    Injecting hormones and extreme calorie limitation is just not healthy. No two ways about it.
    Either is being overweight with abdominal fat, the worst for the heart.
    I am not injecting, but thanks for your concern.
    I appriciate all the comments.
    Marie
    Kreative Blog

When I stand before God at the end of my life,
    I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left,
    and could say, "I used everything you gave me".
    - Erma Bombeck

3. Re: Has anyone tried the Hcg Diet??

Quote Originally Posted by Kreative Dryve View Post
    You are only allowed 500 calories a day, I know, that is what makes it difficult for most people, no carbs or sugars what so ever. Only lean meats and certain fruits and veggies throughout the day. I will be on it for 40 days, and then do a maintenance schedule for 6 weeks after that, slowly re-introducing carbs and other foods back into my regular diet. This is actually not much of a stretch for me, already eat plenty of fruits, veggies, and lean meats, just gotta cut the carbs out of the diet, I love pasta and rice and potatoes. Most know that carbs is what give you energy, that will be replaced with B12, and I can still take my multi-vitamins. It doesn't interfere with medications, but that doesn't apply to me since I don't take any. My friend admits its the hardest thing she has ever done, but she feels good with her weight loss and her mental focus is amazing.
    I've heard of it, but never tried it! Good luck!
    500 calories is exactly what I should be eating, and should be easy for me to do, since I had weightloss surgery 15 months ago and lost over 100 pounds. I hit a stall since November and can't break it no matter what I do. I really need to jump start my weightloss and lose the last 60 pounds! On a positive note my bloodwork shows all good numbers except the vitamins!
    Mary Jayne
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.
    John Lennon

I, myself, do not believe in diets -- they are just fads. The only way to lose weight and maintain the loss is by healthy eating and exercise. I've lost 54 lbs in 6 months which equals out to about 2 lbs a week. Losing 2-3 lbs a day sure doesn't sound healthy and eating only 500 calories a day sure doesn't sound like enough food to function properly and to stop the body from going into starvation mode.

A very low calorie diet may do you more harm than good. If you are craving more calories, this will affect your metabolism. Where will your body get the energy it needs? It may actually get energy from your muscle mass, since there are no food reserves available. When this happens, it can be highly detrimental to your health, because the proper way to lose fat is to gain muscle mass, not take it away.

Also those who are overweight and try to consume only 500 calories a day will almost likely be starving themselves. Since the body is more used to taking in more than 2000 calories per day or more, then the sudden drop of calorie intake will signal your body into starvation mode. In this way, the body's metabolism will slow down to conserve energy.

I have constantly been discussing weight loss and exercise with the personal trainers at the gym that I belong to and I truly agree with them about the body going into starvation mode.

In any event, to each his own; and I wish you the best of luck on this 500 calorie plan.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

Big Sky Country, By the Lake and the Mountains

Quote Originally Posted by tojoco View Post
    I, myself, do not believe in diets -- they are just fads. The only way to lose weight and maintain the loss is by healthy eating and exercise. I've lost 54 lbs in 6 months which equals out to about 2 lbs a week. Losing 2-3 lbs a day sure doesn't sound healthy and eating only 500 calories a day sure doesn't sound like enough food to function properly and to stop the body from going into starvation mode.

A very low calorie diet may do you more harm than good. If you are craving more calories, this will affect your metabolism. Where will your body get the energy it needs? It may actually get energy from your muscle mass, since there are no food reserves available. When this happens, it can be highly detrimental to your health, because the proper way to lose fat is to gain muscle mass, not take it away.

Also those who are overweight and try to consume only 500 calories a day will almost likely be starving themselves. Since the body is more used to taking in more than 2000 calories per day or more, then the sudden drop of calorie intake will signal your body into starvation mode. In this way, the body's metabolism will slow down to conserve energy.

I have constantly been discussing weight loss and exercise with the personal trainers at the gym that I belong to and I truly agree with them about the body going into starvation mode.

In any event, to each his own; and I wish you the best of luck on this 500 calorie plan.

The diet was created by a physician in the UK, back in the 1950's and just came to a heightened favor about 3 years ago. It was begun as a injection of the hCG hormone, but now you can take the drops, which is what I am doing.
    I knew there would be some not supporting me in this deal, but I know several people in my court, who have done it, had success and have not gained the weight loss back, and feel completely wonderful now off their many medications (with their physicians blessing).
    I for one have researched it for about 6 months, taking to everyone I could, weighing all the pros and cons, and my main concern was my loss of muscle.
    I lift every day in the gym, and I am talking, alot of weight, I hate doing cardio. I see this little plan as my extra little boost to get rid of the fat, not the muscle, and then get back in the gym at least 20 pound lighter.

Again, I never went into this blind, I am always the skeptic and did my homework. I eat plenty of lean proteins, fruits and veggies, just not the junk or the unhealthy carbs, and drink lots of water. I am not feeling deprived and feel fantastic.
    Already down 6 pounds and thats only 3 days in.

ps. great job on your weight loss! Thats an amazing total, keep it up
    Marie
    Kreative Blog

When I stand before God at the end of my life,
    I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left,
    and could say, "I used everything you gave me".
    - Erma Bombeck

+ Reply to Thread