+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion for Mods/ re: swaps

Suggestion for Mods/ re: swaps

I don't know if this is the place to suggest this. But I thought that it would be nice when you view someone's profile that there were a list of swaps they are hosting in their profile.

I can't tell you how many times I go to view the swap and then back to the profile of that person to get their addy and then I forget the name of the swap (especially if there are more than one swap I am viewing) and I have to go back to find out the name of the swap again.

Not sure if this happens to anyone else..but it sure would be nice if there was a way that the system could automatically put in the person's profile the swaps they are hosting.

Thanks for looking,
    Darlene

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Re: Suggestion for Mods/ re: swaps

This is something that the ShackHost would need to take care of. You might try sending them a message about it and see what they say.

This is not a bad idea. I flip back and forth too===good idea Darlene, and very well explained.

4. Re: Suggestion for Mods/ re: swaps

I have all my shackie addresses in a word file. I go to the swap page & re-aquaint myself w/the hostess & then I can just print my envie in Word. Makes it easy. It would be cool if it could be done "your" way Darlene. But, the downside is some of us might be frightened to see how many open swaps we had out there!! LOL

I find I have to print out each swap so I can look at it while creating, and then bring it back to the computer to work on the backs with the needed information.
    Then, I know who hosted it and it's just simpler that way for me.
    Also, once you know who the host is, there are the address lists for all Shackies that Sherri put together a while back.
    Joanie

Quote Originally Posted by ccstampin12 View Post
    I find I have to print out each swap so I can look at it while creating, and then bring it back to the computer to work on the backs with the needed information.
    Then, I know who hosted it and it's just simpler that way for me.
    Also, once you know who the host is, there are the address lists for all Shackies that Sherri put together a while back.
    Joanie
    That's what I do too, just print out that swap page and everything you need is there and you can always just then go to their profile and write it on your page so you're ready to roll. Then again, I'm not in many swaps so this isn't an issue for me. So I'm not much help, sorry.

Kathy

when I am in a swap, - I go to the address list and write out the envelope and attach it to the Swap list description and when ever I do work on the swap, it is right there to finish it out. Usually both envelopes at the same time. Won't be back in a swap until we are done traveling. In the meantime have a great summer and I hope I am back up and running correctly when I really do return to participate again. - Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by Patty View Post
    This is not a bad idea. I flip back and forth too===good idea Darlene, and very well explained.
    Thank you, Patty, for the compliment!
    Darlene

Darlene- I like your idea- maybe we could make it a suggestion that hostesses could list their swaps on their user profile- maybe as a visitor message that they send to themselves- I have done that before to remind myself of things- and it is visible for everyone to see. It could look something like this:

SWAPS I'M HOSTING:
    BIRDS ATC
    CLOCKS ATC
    HOUSES ATC

SWAPS I'M IN; (OPTIONAL- MAYBE YOU DON'T WANT EVERYONE TO KNW HOW BIG YOUR OBSESSION IS!)
    BLA
    BLA BLA...
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by loobylou View Post
    Darlene- I like your idea- maybe we could make it a suggestion that hostesses could list their swaps on their user profile- maybe as a visitor message that they send to themselves- I have done that before to remind myself of things- and it is visible for everyone to see. It could look something like this:

SWAPS I'M HOSTING:
    BIRDS ATC
    CLOCKS ATC
    HOUSES ATC

SWAPS I'M IN; (OPTIONAL- MAYBE YOU DON'T WANT EVERYONE TO KNW HOW BIG YOUR OBSESSION IS!)
    BLA
    BLA BLA...
    That sounds great, Sarah. But then it would be up to the hostess if they wanted to do that or not. But that is a great idea! Thanks!
    Darlene

+ Reply to Thread