+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hula Hoop???

Hula Hoop???

OK...I'm sure you all are aware of my weight-loss saga. Been working at it since 2002.
    I'm hoping this year will be the one that gets me to my goal.
    I won't go into all the awful details here, but I'm wondering if anyone has used a hula hoop to lose belly fat.
    It seems like that could work....if I could just get that stupid hoop to stay up!
    ALSO....if you know about this...should I start with a larger hoop or a smaller one?
    I know Ellen had a 'star' on her show a few weeks ago....someone has a workout DVD with hula hoop, and she said what size to start with, but I didn't write it down, and cannot remember now.
    (Maybe it was Marisa Tomei...(sp))
    HELP!
    Joanie

Re: Hula Hoop???

OMG, Miss MonaLisa Vito? From My Cousin Vinnie??? I ADORE HER. Is that what she's doing now? Back to your question...I think it would work, any activity is better than none. I used to be a pretty good hula hooper many years (decades) ago.

My daughter is into Hooping. She has been doing it for a while and takes classes.
    Joanie - if you are interested in talking to her, send me a pm with your email address, and i will pass it along.
    I do know that there are lots of web-sites and forums for hooping too.
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ccstampin12 View Post
    OK...I'm sure you all are aware of my weight-loss saga. Been working at it since 2002.
    I'm hoping this year will be the one that gets me to my goal.
    I won't go into all the awful details here, but I'm wondering if anyone has used a hula hoop to lose belly fat.
    It seems like that could work....if I could just get that stupid hoop to stay up!
    ALSO....if you know about this...should I start with a larger hoop or a smaller one?
    I know Ellen had a 'star' on her show a few weeks ago....someone has a workout DVD with hula hoop, and she said what size to start with, but I didn't write it down, and cannot remember now.
    (Maybe it was Marisa Tomei...(sp))
    HELP!
    Joanie

It was Marisa Tomei, I saw it on the show called the Doctors. I saw it last week. I was tempted to use my DD hula hoop. What I'd give to have a flat tummy again!
    shelley

Hi Joanie! What a coincidence my first time back on the site in ages and I see this post! I am Limeyscrapper's daughter. I haven't been hooping that long but I know a few people who are really into it and I am trying to get a hoop spinning myself ;-) The gals I know have definitely lost weight - and muffin tops. 10-15 lbs in the last 3-4 months.

You want to start with quite a large hoop, maybe one with a little weight to it. The larger hoops are easier for beginners and also best for workouts as opposed to the smaller ones which are good for tricks. A standard hoop size recommended for beginners is 40".

Check out this site for a ton of information including videos, tutorials, where to order and even how to make your own hoop. http://www.hoopcity.ca/

Ladies, I think this is the latest up and coming exercise craze so if it interests you check it out and get hooping!

Hey, Sunny!
    Thanks SO much!
    Your visiting The Shack while my thread is new is 'a sign' to me! LOL
    I'll check this out tomorrow as I need to get ready to go to Stamp Club now.
    HUGS....
    Joanie

I was going to say the same thing as Sunny. I have two hula hoops that I bought at garage sales. They are bigger and heavy. I also have played the hula hoop games on the wii. I think the thing about hula hoop is to do it when you are doing something else. Like, watching tv or when I'm feeding my dogs I hula hoop instead of just standing over them so they don't get in a fight.

I think hula hooping should be done with other activities. I don't think it's a huge calorie burner. I heard you guys are having a heat wave. Wouldn't a nice walk on the beach in the dry sand be great? THAT is a good workout.

I used to do a lot of belly dancing videos. They are fun and totally target your middle.

Good luck, Joanie.
    Heather

We Grow By Our Dreams (my blog)
    Grow Home (my Etsy store where I sell vintage stuff)

Oh my goodness! This is exactly what I need to add in between my yoga classes. Thank you so much for asking Joanie and for answering Sunny and Heather. It looks like so much fun. I just watched the video how to make a hoop and we can even use our heat guns for this

who knew?!?! I have won contests for hoola hooping (??) and I always thought it was fun....maybe I should get back into it...and NOT eat my licorice while doing it. ; )
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

Truly?
    I cannot even get a hoop to stay up!
    It will be a long road for me...that's for sure!
    LOL
    Joanie

+ Reply to Thread