+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: birthday list ??

1. birthday list ??

Okay, I am signed on to the birthday group list...but I don't understand how it works. How do I know when people have birthdays (in advance of the calendar post) and their addresses?
    Thanks for the help...Jan

lost luggage Guest View Member Photos
    Jan- you can click on "calendar" (up there) and see the complete month as well as advance to any month in the future you want.

Hope this helps,
    Julie

3. In addition to what Julie suggested,

you can get some member's addresses from the Birthday list address thread down at the bottom of the forums page. Not everyone has posted their mailing address but there are a number of them there.
    Jennifer

My blog

4. I must be blind ... I do not see the birthday list with addresses

Where is it again?
    The Shackretary

5. Look on the forums page where each forum is listed.

The birthday address list is the third thread from the BOTTOM. Just post a reply with your info there.
    Jennifer

My blog

6. Sorry but I am not seeing it.

HA

Maybe I DO need glasses!!!
    The Shackretary

7. Sherri, open up the forums listing page, then look toward the bottom

The info on the thread lists it as:

Birthday List
    The Stamp Shack Birthday List
    Member Addresses
    If you would like to receive cards on your birthday, please add your address to the list. Address List
    by Erin K 17 Hours Ago 1 18

I've just copied and pasted that info as it appears.
    Jennifer

My blog

lost luggage Guest View Member Photos
    You have to subscribe to the list before you can see the list...it's James Bond like that. lol Here is a quote from Sherry's email a couple of days ago on a different thread- hope this helps:

Hi Joanne,

Nothing really prevents a person from having access to the address list, however, regular users cannot see the list unless the specifically subscribe to be a member of the birthday forum. So, no, it's not secure but it is a bit more secure than having the addresses posted on the members list

Sherry

9. Ok ... did you just do some magic because now I see it

and I swear it was not there 5 minutes ago? ha ha

I really do need to make myself an eye appt!!!

THANKS!
    The Shackretary

10. Quote Originally Posted by Far North View Post
    Okay, I am signed on to the birthday group list...but I don't understand how it works. How do I know when people have birthdays (in advance of the calendar post) and their addresses?
    Thanks for the help...Jan
    Hi Jan,

If you are signed up for the birthday list, you should be able to see the "Birthday List" forum in which users have started an address list.

To keep track of upcoming birthdays, check out the calendar. You can scroll months in advance to see upcomming birthdays. Then, if you wish to send a card, look through the address list to see if their name is listed.

I am currently looking for a better method in which to do the birthday list. Perhaps we could add peoples addresses (if they choose) to the calendar itself. When you click on a user's name, it would give you the address. We could make the calendar accessible to registered users only.

Just a thought...

Sherry

+ Reply to Thread