+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: funeral potatoes

Re: funeral potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Erin K View Post
    we have them sometimes, I thought they were a Mormon thing, but I rekon Utah is close enough.
    erin, i think that is where they came from. we always called them relief society potatoes because anytime they cooked, they made them! then it morphed into funeral potatoes!

{click above for my craft blog!}

You know, I have a Mormon Potluck this Sunday and was wondering what to make. I think it's Funeral Potatoes for SURE now.

LOL I have never heard of them before!!

I think I may make some this weekend.

oh they sound yummy and this maine girl has never met a potato she didn't like!! oh , I wonder how many miles I'll have to walk to burn those off!!

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    oh they sound yummy , I wonder how many miles I'll have to walk to burn those off!!
    that's what I was thinking as I read the recipe too!
    I have a question about the Hash Browns... In Australia the frozen hash browns are the same shape as Mc Donald's Hash Browns.(like if you put your 2 thumbs and 2 middle fingers together) Is this what you are talking about? or a different shape?
    Sarah

6. Re: funeral potatoes

They are more loose, not in a formed shape. I buy them in my freezer section here. They are like shredded potatoes.

Sarah--you could chop 'em up if you can't find them diced in your freezer section. Once they are all mixed together I don't think you'll be able to tell the difference.

hey sarah, check these out...

you can also just take baked potatoes and cube them. patty is right, you can probably just crumble yours.

{click above for my craft blog!}

I had never heard anything called 'funeral' anything until last year at a dinner someone called the green bean casserole funeral beans. I am pretty sure I have never had either beans or the potatoes at a funeral. I guess I have been to very few luncheons that are in a church hall. Almost all of them have been at a banquet hall and it's banquet food then.
    Now parties at people's homes, lots of green beans and hash brown casserole/cheesy potatoes!

Kathy

sounds alot like my party potatoes recipe.

Cindy

My Blog

+ Reply to Thread