+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Stamp Shack Maintenance and Major Upgrade

Re: Stamp Shack Maintenance and Major Upgrade

thanks fro the update! I'm off to make a copy of my swaps page in case it goes down temporarily.

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

Quote Originally Posted by shadoob View Post
    Where have I been? I didn't even see this or realize it was happening....I hope it's all going well as I haven't noticed aything.
    Cheryl - I think I must live in the same la-la land as you... haven't noticed a thing, but am ever grateful to the hosts who are quietly working in the background.
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)

Thanks for the update--I was kind of starting to wonder if I just wasn't noticing changes since I'm a Shack Plus Member--but I see that the changes are yet to come!
    --Lidia

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date with the progress. I really appreciate knowing about it all. Personally, I will continue full membership forever. Small ads, side bars or on strips across the top don't bother me. Please no popups. I have faith that you are making the best decisions for the shack site and i am excited to see them unfold.

5. Re: Stamp Shack Maintenance and Major Upgrade

UPDATE

Wow, we are finally ready to fully implement the upgrade changes. The implementation will begin in the early morning (Eastern time) of Wednesday, September 1st. The upgrade may take the entire day to complete and it is highly possible we will have some bugs to work out for a few days following. During this upgrade time The Stamp Shack may be unavailable for long periods of time.

This has been a much bigger project than we anticipated, but it is super exciting to see the improvements. Technology is always changing and needing to be updated to stay secure and have the latest features. The Stamp Shack is already build on the best forum software in the world and now we will be on the most current version ensuring the best security for our members and the latest features to stay connected.

The swap board has been updated to be compatible with the upgraded system. During this compatibility upgrade we sneaked in a cool new feature that has been requested by Shack Plus members...hostess email notification every time someone joins or 'unjoins' your swap. If you have been a hostess for a swap you know how great this new feature will be. Everything checks out great on the test server with the upgraded swap board so we're keeping our fingers cross all will go well when we make it live.

Also, as a reminder this will be a very significant upgrade including having to update the site theme (look and feel) as our current theme is not compatible with the latest version of the forum software. We are also adding some additional features which may seem a bit overwhelming or confusing at first. Please be patient with us as we get everything in place, work out the kinks and learn some of the new features available to Shackies. This will also be a time where Shackies can help support each other as there are some members more 'tech savvy' that will catch on to some of the new features quickly.

We're excited about the enhancements coming to The Stamp Shack. Thank you for your continued support and patience through this process.

Sounds great!!! I can't wait to see all the new changes!
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

WOW!
    This is exciting!
    Good luck with installing the upgrade tomorrow.
    Hoping all will go smoothly and The Shack won't be 'down' for too long!
    Joanie

Thank you for the heads up and all the work you've done for this. Hopefully there will be no freaking out when we can't get on as we all know a newer and better Shack will be waiting for us.

Kathy

thanks for keepin up posted.
    shelley

thanks for teh update! I must admit I'm very curious about the changes.

+ Reply to Thread