+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Stamp Shack Maintenance and Major Upgrade

Re: Stamp Shack Maintenance and Major Upgrade

I'm wondering if the changes have been more on the operational side that we don't see. I was also under the impression that the overall look of the Shack would change too. Maybe that will be coming next. It's really quite exciting!
    Amy

2. Re: Stamp Shack Maintenance and Major Upgrade

UPDATE

Wow, what a journey this has become! During the upgrade process all of the security and database enhancements went great, but we ran into challenges with the new template design for the site. Some of the sections of The Stamp Shack were not being 'friendly' with our new design and did not look right. So, we have had to revert to a more basic design for right now so we can get the site back online for all Shackies to use.

You will notice that some pages on the site will look awkward or the formatting will be off. We are still working in the background to get the template design of the site fully configured and hopefully update the look and feel to the new design we had originally planned for. Also, once we get the template design issues resolved we will then be installing the additional features and enhancements that we are excited to introduce to you.

So, in summary, The Stamp Shack under the hood is doing fantastic, but the outside look and feel is rough and still in the works. Rather than keep the site down longer we thought it best to bring the site back online even while we continue to work through the formatting updates.

Thank you for your patience throughout this process. You will continue to see changes hear and there as we are working in the background to fully complete the site upgrade. We're still very excited about these enhancements for The Stamp Shack and having everything in tip-top shape soon.

3. Re: Stamp Shack Maintenance and Major Upgrade

It looks great and I know I can deal with any little glitches... I am just so happy to be back here! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
    ~Cindy
    My Blog: Ramblings from my Rubber Room
    http://cindysrubberroom.blogspot.com/

Thank you!! Glad to be back as I missed my stamping friends!!

Whoo-hoo! Glad we are back! I missed the shack!
    Dee

Way to go!
    SO happy to be able to come back here to visit!
    Thank you, Shack Hosts!
    Joanie

7. Re: Stamp Shack Maintenance and Major Upgrade

So glad it's BACK!!!

I'm doing a happy dance that we are back!
    shelley

9. Re: Stamp Shack Maintenance and Major Upgrade

What they all said!!! So happy the Shack is back!!!!

10. Re: Stamp Shack Maintenance and Major Upgrade

UPDATE

We have been hard at work behind the scenes to get The Stamp Shack fully updated. As you know we still have a number of items needing to be corrected.

Swap Board: We are pleased to announce that the issue with the swap due dates changing and the issue with the subject line for swap related emails has been corrected. Thank you for your patience as we got these items fixed. If you experience any further problems with the swap board please send us a PM.

Formatting, Gallery and other items needing to be updated: Unfortunately our IT guy that has been assisting us through the upgrade decided to quit on us. After several weeks of being non-responsive he finally threw in the towel. This has caused some delays in getting some of the other updates completed. The good news is we have found a new IT guy to work with and are finalizing that relationship. We expect this new guy to be able to continue improving the site over the next few weeks.

Fortunately we have been able to continue to update the site without any further downtime and will make every effort to keep The Stamp Shack available at all times during future updates. Thank you for your wonderful support and patience. It's great to be part of such a fantastic community.

+ Reply to Thread