+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: UPDATED 8/21 received notecards for the Blankets for the Troops project

UPDATED 9/11 I HAVE RECEIVED ALL OF THE NOTECARDS for Blankets for the Troops project

IF YOU'D LIKE TO HELP WITH THIS PROJECT: PLEASE SIGN UP BELOW! THANK YOU!

This is the 5th Annual Blankets of Hope Marathon. Volunteers gather to make fleece blankets for our wounded heros -- these blankets are sent to Combat Support Hospitals in the Middle East, in Germany and around the world. Last year we made over 300 blankets in Bowie -- other groups around the country make them as well.

Each blanket gets a notecard attached to it and often the volunteers who make the blanket send a note of appreciation to the soldier who receives it. Two years ago I offered to make the notecards and then found out that they needed 200 of them. I put up a cry for help on the Shack and was OVERWHELMED with support and notecards! Last year you lovely ladies made 300 notecards.

This event is growing in popularity and they anticipate making 350 blankets this year. So -- I will need help!

The notecards are a single sheet -- not folded -- that is 5-1/2 x 4-1/4. You will need to put an eyelet in one corner that we can put yarn through to tie it to the blanket. You need to leave enough room so that the volunteers can write a note. I will look through my files and find pictures from last year if you'd like to get an idea of what they might look like.

The event is September 25th -- so I need them in my hand by September 15th. My address is in my profile.

This is being set up as a RAK -- not as a swap. You will not get anything in return except the satisfaction of working on a very worthwhile, important project to help show our appreciation of the sacrifices made by our men and women in the service.

Please post below and let me know how many notecards you are willing to make. They do not need to all be the same! To make it easier for me, please keep your quantities in fives -- so sign up for 5 or 10 or 15 ... I will periodically update the thread with the total count to date. Our goal is 350! Knowing you ladies, I know we'll get there!!!!

Thank you so much for your support! And post here or PM me if you have any questions... PLEASE SIGN UP ON THIS THREAD EVEN IF YOU POSTED ON MY INITIAL INQUIRY -- THANKS!

[Me - 10
    Tojoco - 10 - Received
    Shuggy - 10 - Received
    Midnitecreations - 10 - Received
    Firefly - 10 - Received
    Paula - 10 - Received
    Christy - 10 - Received
    Patty - 10 - Received
    Lakeslady - 10 - Received
    Stinkydog - 10 - Received

Stinkycheese - 10 -- received
    Cindi - 10 - Received
    Karen M - 30 - Received
    dancing queen - 10 - Received
    workinforstamps - 10 - Received
    rubberlady - 10 - Received
    jazzypurple - 20 - Received - 30!

iloveflipflops - 20 - Received
    Far North - 20 - Received
    GSMom - 20 - Received
    ccstampin 10 - Received
    Loobylou - 10 - Received
    mcourtney - 10 - Received
    Kreative Dryve - 10 - Received

Scraphappy - 30 - received
    Teabear - 10 - Received
    Milmogando - 10 - Received
    Maxiesmom - 10 - Received
    Mary Reece - 10 - Received

HOLY COW! You ladies are AMAZING -- we've beat our goal! Thank you!
    Also -- to answer some questions: YES they can be more than one layer -- the ones I made were usually 2 layers or even three. Please no glitter -- too messy. Here's a link to last year's cards -- thanks Joanne! I couldn't find it!
    http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=troops
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Last edited by directmailscrapper; 09-11-2010 at 07:59 PM.

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

Re: SIGN UP HERE if you'd like to make notecard for the Blankets for the Troops proje

I will sign up for 10 notecards!!! LOL!

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

Re: SIGN UP HERE if you'd like to make notecard for the Blankets for the Troops proje

What a great project. I will sign up for 10 notecards.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

i will sign up for 10! do you have an example?

{click above for my craft blog!}

Sign me up for 10 too. Thanks Nancy for being a part of such a great project and giving us a chance to participate in a small way too.
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

Nancy - please sign me up for 10. Thanks for coordinating this!

10 for me too

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

10 for me too!!!

Count me in for 10 Nancy--more if you need them.

10. Re: SIGN UP HERE if you'd like to make notecard for the Blankets for the Troops proje

10 for me Nancy.........makes the counting easier too LOL

+ Reply to Thread